IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost File History

redsafety

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Have you un-ticked Recent Documents ?

• More

• Settings

• Privacy Sweep (Quick Care & Deep Care)

• Windows

• Recent Documents

If you use Auto Clean you should un-tick Recent Documents there as well.

• More

• Settings

• Automatic Service

• Auto Clean

• Windows

• Recent Documents

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

Still deleting my history

I am not using autoclean. I have history unchecked in Registry Fix and Office 2010 in Privacy Sweep in both Quick Care and Deep Clean. It is still deleting my recent files history. I just replaced my old computer and it is still doing it on the new computer. I have the updated ASC.

Hi redsafety

Please try right clicking Start - choose Properties/Start Menu/ Customize and choose the Recent Documents.

After that open a couple of documents and check if they are in the recent folder (to which you now have a link in the start menu) if they are there please run a Manual cleaning where you check All reported "Problems" and place those you want to keep in the Ignore List, - prior to cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the Office and Windows history unchecked in both Quick and Deep care privacy sweeps and history lists unchecked in registry fix for both also. I am still loosing my recent files on both quick and deep care. How do I stop this from happening?

Office recent documents are being deleted

All privacy sweep and auto are turned off and my recent files in MS Office are still being deleted.

Please fix this problem as I have paid for this software.

Also my Windows Defender is not starting since I installed Advanced System Care. How do I fix this?

Hi mychatposts

Privacy sweep is mentioned many places in the settings, are you sure you have unticked them all? Also under auto.

Concerning Windows Defender - What anti-virus program do you use?

Usually Windows defender is in the services. Write services.msc in Run and ok that - find Windows defender and see if it is activated.

MSE closes windows defender down as far as I know.

Cheers

solbjerg

All privacy sweep and auto are turned off and my recent files in MS Office are still being deleted.

Please fix this problem as I have paid for this software.

Also my Windows Defender is not starting since I installed Advanced System Care. How do I fix this?

Hi mychatposts

Did you check the Windows defender settings in services?

Unchecked boxes are usually not ignored in IObit's programs, - but settings in a computer may sometimes need toggling to work.

I'll ask again - what anti-virus program do you use?

By the way I don't need to fix anything I am just another user and member in this forum, - it is after all primarily a User forum :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. have you tried a Clean install?

Boxes are unchecked

THis is certainly not one of ASC's finer features.

The unchecked boxes are ignored.

You need to fix this.

AS for Defender not starting, the problem started when I installed ASC pro.

Defender may have been started with delay by ASC for the optimization, so in Startup Manager of ASC, change Delay to Enable for Defender and see if it changes the startup of Defender.

BTW, did you check it in the Task Manager if Defender is not running?

It may well have been running, but the icon may have not shown up in the System Bar.

I would also suggest to use MSE instead of Defender in your XP.

Cheers.

I am not using autoclean. I have history unchecked in Registry Fix and Office 2010 in Privacy Sweep in both Quick Care and Deep Clean. It is still deleting my recent files history. I just replaced my old computer and it is still doing it on the new computer. I have the updated ASC.

Hey Red,

You sharper guys have probably already covered this, but in ASC's Quick Care AND Deep Clean, under the Junk Files Clean for both, you don't happen to have the box for "User Assist History" checked in either, do you?

Just a shot in the dark on my part, but hope this may be it.

Sorry to butt in.

CT.

Archived