IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Time left

solbjerg

Hi all

The Time left function has always had some incorrectness in it.

IObit improved it over the years and after a while the plain Scan function showed approximately the correct time left.

The Scan&Optimize and the Complete Optimize has become better but are still rather far from being correct.

My interpretation of that is that in the optimizing function you cannot be sure how many times the fragments have to be moved, - perhaps sometimes very many times and at other times maybe only a few times, this would in my opinion account for the incorrect showing of time left.

IObit Guy also at one time stated that it was very difficult to make the Time left work correctly.

Hi IObit: Is my interpretation approximately correct?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg!

My experience pertaining to your post (especially in the fully optomize option) that Smart defrag predicts a time for completion that is much further away from the actual completion point. SmartDefrag spends a lot of time, predicting a time that in some cases is an hour away... and then 10 minutes later it is finished. It seems to do a great deal of the work and then surprises itself and you that it is finished!

Sincerely.

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived