IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

6 AMD CPU cores to 1 core on ver 3.3.1??

First off, I am not sure what caused this problem but it happened about the time I installed and ran GB 3.3.1.

I have a 6 core AMD CPU. I noticed that I suddenly I had only 1 core running.

I checked in the BIOS and that was fine.

I tried everything but I could only get 1 core to work.

I have a second drive with an older version on Windows 7 installed on it. I booted to that drive, all 6 cores working. Again, this proves the BIOS was fine.

The drive I boosted with GB 3.3.1 would only work on 1 CPU core, the drive I didn't boost, used all 6 CPU cores.

I had to do a full OS reinstall which fixed it (ouch).

Is is possible that the new version of Game Booster 3.3.1 turned these cores off and wouldn't revert them??

I'm not saying that GB3.3.1 caused this. The timing is very suspicious though.

Hi masterblaster & Sarakael,

Please open GB>>GameBox>>Configure, uncheck Enable game power solutions under Others, click Apply and see whether it solves the issue.

If the above solution fails, please kindly take a screen shot of all items under Progresses, Unnecessary Services, Non-Windows Services and Others.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thanks a lot.

Please open GB>>GameBox>>Configure, uncheck Enable game power solutions under Others, click Apply and see whether it solves the issue.

If the above solution fails, please kindly take a screen shot of all items under Progresses, Unnecessary Services, Non-Windows Services and Others.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thanks a lot.

Cicely,

It is too late to go back. I had to reformat my HDD and re-install Windows 7. I am not using GB3.3.1 anymore. I went back to the GB3 Pro beta where I didn't have this problem.

Because of this, there is no need for me to take screenshots or mess with the settings.

If the "Game power solutions" option in GB3 possibly caused my cores to permanently turn off, I would recommend that IOBOT put out an emergency patch (or have some type of warning). This caused me a lot of work. I'm lucky I guessed what caused it otherwise I would have reinstalled Windows 7 and killed the cores all over again with GB3.3.1.

Thanks a lot.

I never started a game out of the box. :shock:

Will uninstall it for now.

Have a nice day :mrgreen:

Sarakael

• 2 weeks later...

It is too late to go back. I had to reformat my HDD and re-install Windows 7. I am not using GB3.3.1 anymore. I went back to the GB3 Pro beta where I didn't have this problem.

GB3 Pro beta has everything needed, so I don't understand why you switched from it:D

Archived