IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sleep/Hibernate

fritzl65

Hello,

I am newb...

I bought Advanced System Care for one reason onl;y...

My PC will not goto sleep/hibernate.

It did before I installed new Windows 7.

I have had hard drive failure...bootmgr missing but data was intact, ...

so I bought new HDD and installed Windows 7 then copied user over from old HDD, Old HDD was not "in" system during install of window 7

I have tried every imaginable method to find which device is causeing the pc to be insomniac

I removed permissions to allow device to wake.

When I manually tell pc to sleep... the PC boots.

So I read that advanced system care can address this... I spend the money.. and it does not...

Can anyone help ?

Thank you for reading

Fritz

Hi fritzl

Have you tried powercfg.cpl written in Run to open the power-plan settings and choose your setup?

Another possibility may be sfc /scannow if you have the install file/disc in order to check if all necessary files are ok.

A chkdsk is always a possibility too.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I am newb...

I bought Advanced System Care for one reason onl;y...

My PC will not goto sleep/hibernate.

It did before I installed new Windows 7.

I have had hard drive failure...bootmgr missing but data was intact, ...

so I bought new HDD and installed Windows 7 then copied user over from old HDD, Old HDD was not "in" system during install of window 7

I have tried every imaginable method to find which device is causeing the pc to be insomniac

I removed permissions to allow device to wake.

When I manually tell pc to sleep... the PC boots.

So I read that advanced system care can address this... I spend the money.. and it does not...

Can anyone help ?

Thank you for reading

Fritz

Hallo Solbjerg,

I did not type the power setting cfg to access the power plan set up.. I went through the control panel..

I set them to 1 min 3 minutes...etc...

the screen will power off but the PC will not sleep

I thought I saw a

"Restore Windows settings to default" control in this advance system programme...

Hi fritzl

Yes in ASC toolbox you have the possibility to choose the function WinFix - under the menu point "More" you can choose to activate or deactivate the hibernate/sleep button settings as far as I remember.

Isn't that explained in Usage of IObit Products?

If not - it is an oversight, and I apologize :oops:

Cheers

solbjerg

Hallo Solbjerg,

I did not type the power setting cfg to access the power plan set up.. I went through the control panel..

I set them to 1 min 3 minutes...etc...

the screen will power off but the PC will not sleep

I thought I saw a

"Restore Windows settings to default" control in this advance system programme...

Roy may be onto something here...

I was running avast before and still the pc would sleep...

perhaps an update changed this?

solbjerg,

I have used the WinFix, and set the hibernate/sleep function through the software and it doesnt change.

I thought I recalled seeing a "RESET" windows button in the software, but I cannot find it.

thanks for reading

Fritz

Archived