IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5 Messed up Firefox

RAJOD

I purchased this program the other day thinking it might be good based on some experience with gamebooster.

I used it to tweak my internet performance. I just tweaked Firefox and no IE.

After my firefox is super slow and pages time out. Same pages in IE work fine.

If I close and reload firefox it will load up 1 page but then new pages will begin to time out.

There does not seem to be a way to return to default settings. I re ran the internet tune up and unchecked all the boxes. It made no difference.

I found other links http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?279259-Internet-messed-up-after-advanced-system-care

It appears I am not the only one with a messed up Firefox after using Advanced System Care.

Anyone know how to reset my settings?

I purchased this program the other day thinking it might be good based on some experience with gamebooster.

I used it to tweak my internet performance. I just tweaked Firefox and no IE.

After my firefox is super slow and pages time out. Same pages in IE work fine.

If I close and reload firefox it will load up 1 page but then new pages will begin to time out.

There does not seem to be a way to return to default settings. I re ran the internet tune up and unchecked all the boxes. It made no difference.

I found other links http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?279259-Internet-messed-up-after-advanced-system-care

It appears I am not the only one with a messed up Firefox after using Advanced System Care.

Anyone know how to reset my settings?

Hi Rajod , Welcome to IObit forum :mrgreen:

To rollback settings follow this:

Go to ASC ->Then Toolbox ->Then Internet Booster and when you open it you will see in the top right corner "Restore" click on that and it will ask you "Are you sure you want to restore optimized settings?" click yes and ok ..

thats it :smile: Now all changes made are restored to default and firefox should work as it was before..

Well thats from me :lol:

All the best and Cheers :wink:

Thanks for the reply,

I already did the standard Windows restore to a few days earlier which fixed it.

This program troubles me.

1. CC Cleaner has never messed up my system and is free

2. Spybot has never messed up my system and is free

3 Malyware Bytes has never messed up my system and is free.

ASC 5 is not free and messed up my internet to the point i needed a restore.

ASC 5 seems to like to run in the background and has given people fits trying to turn off services and auto boot. The default should be no auto boot and allow user to bloat up his system if he chooses.

I like utilities that are there when ya need them and out of os system memory when you don't. This practice of having background mentoring tasks, services etc has gotten way out of hand.

What the companies don't realize or care about is that ALL the other companies do this and even with a dual core all this services eat up system resources and cause slow downs.

To me a clean app is one that loads does its thing then when you are done and close its removed from the system memory entirely. Not background feeding tasks should be needed.

Any automated tasks such as checking for updates can be run as a one time thing via the task manager.

Archived