IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No noticable game improvement.

Hello,

I've the latest Game Booster installed and since, I don't really notice game improvement anymore after boosting.

When at first I installed GB, I think it was 3 or 3.1, it really did work though. After boost I got around 42% improvement from GB and ingame for instance N4S Hot Pursuit, it gained like 20fps, going from 60fps to 80fps and you could really notice the improvement in gaming.

Now after boosting GB still gives 40-42% improvement, but there is nothing noticable in game. Fps doesn't come over 60 fps in N4S Hot Pursuit.. shutting down more services etc.. doesn't help either.

How can I get the game improvement back after boosting with GB??

Thanks for any help.

Hi Störung

I noticed that you use ASC4, do you use the Boost function in work or play mode? The ASC version is by now 5.2!

You have apparently since then installed GB newest version?

What settings have you chosen?

I don't use GB myself so I am just asking to try to clarify things and hopefully give you an idea of what to try. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I've the latest Game Booster installed and since, I don't really notice game improvement anymore after boosting.

When at first I installed GB, I think it was 3 or 3.1, it really did work though. After boost I got around 42% improvement from GB and ingame for instance N4S Hot Pursuit, it gained like 20fps, going from 60fps to 80fps and you could really notice the improvement in gaming.

Now after boosting GB still gives 40-42% improvement, but there is nothing noticable in game. Fps doesn't come over 60 fps in N4S Hot Pursuit.. shutting down more services etc.. doesn't help either.

How can I get the game improvement back after boosting with GB??

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

thx for replying!

Yes I still use ASC4 because I got a year free Pro user via PC Mag and when I update to 5 I lose that Pro user.

I did updated Game Booster to version 3.3.1 and since then I don't have really performance gain ingame though GB sais after boosting that prestations increased with 40%.

I also use the ASC4 boost function, though I had recently turned it off (dun remember why) but I tried again with ASC4 boost function on and then start up N4SHP via Game Booster but it remains 60 fps.

When GB did give performance gain I believe I didn't change anything to the settings after installing. Just boosted and start up game, in all games it worked (N4S HP, Shogun2 TW, TF2,...)

Now I have disabled all unnecesary services, I think that is about it. ASC4 boost already disables some services and processes.

Could it be that I have to optimalize Tweaks? I can't remember if before I had done that. I can always try and let know here.

If you need any further information, let me know.

PS optimalizing tweaks doesn't do better either.

cheers,

störung

Hi,

thx for replying!

Yes I still use ASC4 because I got a year free Pro user via PC Mag and when I update to 5 I lose that Pro user.

I did updated Game Booster to version 3.3.1 and since then I don't have really performance gain ingame though GB sais after boosting that prestations increased with 40%.

I also use the ASC4 boost function, though I had recently turned it off (dun remember why) but I tried again with ASC4 boost function on and then start up N4SHP via Game Booster but it remains 60 fps.

When GB did give performance gain I believe I didn't change anything to the settings after installing. Just boosted and start up game, in all games it worked (N4S HP, Shogun2 TW, TF2,...)

Now I have disabled all unnecesary services, I think that is about it. ASC4 boost already disables some services and processes.

Could it be that I have to optimalize Tweaks? I can't remember if before I had done that. I can always try and let know here.

If you need any further information, let me know.

PS optimalizing tweaks doesn't do better either.

cheers,

störung

Hi Störung

Have you checked the option launch Game on Game Desktop and Enable game power solutions in the Others part of Game Booster Configure?

If not, please try it.

Hi,

the option 'launch Game on Game Desktop' was not checked, 'enable game power solutions' was checked.

I tried again checking launch game on game desktop first but it still doesn't give the boost ingame I had before. FPS still on 60 in N4S HP.

Is there anything else I can try? It did work before so it have to work again.. maybe delete GB fully and then reinstall it?

Hi,

the option 'launch Game on Game Desktop' was not checked, 'enable game power solutions' was checked.

I tried again checking launch game on game desktop first but it still doesn't give the boost ingame I had before. FPS still on 60 in N4S HP.

Is there anything else I can try? It did work before so it have to work again.. maybe delete GB fully and then reinstall it?

Hi Störung

Please try the steps below:

Uninstall the GB 3.3.1 and delete the folder(%programdata%->iobit->gamebooster), then install the GB 3.1 or GB3.0.you can download the old GB from here.

Hi,

I tried yesterday evening deleting GB 3.3.1 and reinstall it, but not better.

Delete again fully with Iobit uninstaller and then try version GB 3.1 but same result. In version 3.1 none of my games are shown in the GB boost box and adding games to it doesn't work (neither in 3.3.1 to add games).

My pc gets boosted though when I start up a game.

Yesterday evening I also upgraded ASC4 to ASC5 Pro (installed the newest version).

This evening I shall try again with version GB 3.0, I shall post the result.

Only thing I can come up with that changed to my pc is that I deleted program 'Soluto' because it stopped working decently. It's anti-stress software, if it works intresting software but pitty for me it stopped working.

Could that be the cause maybe? I can try reinstall that also, but probably it isn't going to work decently.

Hi Störung,

Did you revert back the changes made by Soluto before uninstalling it?

If not, it may help to reinstall the same version of Soluto, do the same changes and then revert back the changes may help to solve the problem, as Soluto changes the registries of some of the programs in the PC.

Cheers.

Hi, I didn't revert back the changes made by Soluto because the program wouldn't start up anymore. It did count my start up time every boot and appeared in system tray but all options always greyed out so wasn't able to open it up.

-I have now reinstalled Soluto, but I am not sure if it is the same version as before. It looks slightly changed and is working perfectly now. So I think maybe it's been updated. Can't really remember what changes I made before in Soluto.

Test gaming but I still not notice the boost I had before, my FPS doesn't get higher.

I'm not going to have reinstall my windows to get this GB back working do I??

• 3 weeks later...

First, Since it's my first post in the forum, I'd like to say hello to everyone :). Now for the thread:

I'm impressed noone came with this before:

You're claiming that you have 60 FPS in your game and it won't come higher, no matter what you do. I'm pretty sure the reason it's not game booster, but your driver settings!

Most likely the reason you have no more than 60 FPS is that you have Vsync (Vertical synchronization) turned on, either in game or forced in your control panel. It's very likely it turned on if you reinstalled your system or reinstalled/uptaded your game or graphic card drivers, or you changed any options within those.

If you want to have more than 60 fps (uncapped framerate), try this:

- Firstly, check your options in-game whether you have it turned on (It should be called Vsync, Vertical synchronization or similar)

- Second, check your graphic card drivers options: NVIDIA GeForce, ATI/AMD Radeon (Catlyst) or Intel graphic cards.

- Make sure the option is disabled - globally in the options and in the game profile, if exist (you can create a profile to a game with VSync disabled, just to make sure). NVIDIA, ATI

Other, less likely possible feature is that the game intentionally runs at no more than 60 FPS, to save processing power. Few games have such an option in-game, so make sure there's no such option.

The third, even less likely feature, is that the games caps itself at 60 FPS due to synchronization issues with various processes running at different framerates, and disable the posibility to run at over 60 FPS (or even 30 FPS). So far I know that Skyrim won't let you disable VSync and LA Noire won't let you run at over 30 FPSes, but there might be other cases.

However, running the game with VSync enabled and/or 60 FPS is perfectly fine! Other than the cases where you want to benchmark on how many FPSes your system can display, running the game over 60 FPS gives no visual benefit, since vast majority of LCD/LED displays have 60Hz refresh rate (means they refresh 60 times each second - so 60 frames per second is the maximum for them). There are some monitors with 75Hz or 120Hz (3D) refresh rates, and CRT monitors use different techniques, so they refresh at 200Hz or more, but human eye won't distingish any difference at over 60FPS anyway. For movies and TV screen (console games), it's even less, either 30FPS (consoles) or 24 FPSes (movies) or similar. Dynamical PC games on LCD screens need a bit faster refreshes, so more than 30 FPS is the best for optiomal gameplay - and 60 FPS is 100% fine for them.

Another drawback of turning VSync off is the screen tearing - this may or may not happen, and the frequency of it occuring varies on different displays, PCs and games, so you have to check yourself whether you need VSync or not.

Yes another drawback is that running the game at over 60FPS forces GPU and CPU to use maximum power available, which makes the heating (which in turn lowers component lifespan) and power consumption more, for no reason, that's why some games implement intentional capping to 60FPS or even 30FPS ("laptop mode" or "power saving mode") to save processing power.

There are slight benefits of having VSync off however, one is a slightly less computational power, hence you might gain few more FPS than you'd normaly do by having VSync off.

The other benefit of having VSync off is that the input lag between pressing a key and refreshing a screen is non-existing, (the game doesn't have to wait 1 frame before refreshing the screen). This is a really minor issue, but it's worth noting that the hardcore FPS players prefer to have it turned off, for that reason.

TL;DR: You have VSync turned on.

Hi, welcome to this forum & thx for your reply.

It's not the Vsync, I had it forced off in Nvidia general & program settings and ingame where possible.

Could it be the driver? I have installed the latest Nvidia 296.10 but I believe there was not that much time between the previous driver 295.73.

I can try with setting back to the previous one.

It's not really to have visual improvement but the boost gave game improvement before, as slightly better loading times and ingame better reaction, some game slightly run faster. It was well enough improvement to want to have it working, but my pc games fine without it also. 60 FPS for Need for Speed is fine but 80 FPS really is better. My display I game on is only 60Hz though, my 2nd one is 75Hz but don't use that for gaming, it's just for can keep an eye on my temps and so while ingame.

I will post back with the result but up untill now, I just haven't got the ingame boost back.

I've tried the previous Nvidia drivers (295.73 & 290.53) but no better result.

After boosting with GB, there is no noticeable change ingame then without it (in any game).

My system gets 60FPS for NFSHP also without the game booster, with Sli disabled it also gets 60FPS. I've tried alot different settings in the meantime but it seems it caps at 60FPS now..

@dontsleep: my Vsync is forced off in general nvidia settings & I made a profile for NFSHP forced off also there.. ingame there is no option to set it off for NFSHP, but others games that have the option I have turned it off also.

It's weird, the first time I used GB, I boosted and to my surprise I got 80FPS out NFSHP, checking in other games the boost did also improve gameplay, loading times, and a game like TF2 even ran faster. None of that is now. If I use the boost or not, in no game there is noticeable change anymore.

btw I had no problem with tearing effect or worse image when GB did boosted.

If you have any more suggestions I can check or try out, ... let me know!!

Could this have to do something with Game Booster & Steam maybe? Because it's not only Hot Pursuit problem, but none of my games get boost anymore and all games installed on my pc is via Steam.

Or what could the previous Game Booster version2 do that version 3 can't?

Though I re-tried with GBv2 without positive result.

Via google I read 60FPS is the max for Hot Pursuit, can't find a single post somewhere stating it gets more FPS but it doesn't explain really how did I get 80FPS then after GB did work at first?!

One negative thing with sitting back at 60FPS (wich somewhere is ok) for Hot Pursuit: on 80FPS first thing you do is set all new records. Now on 60FPS I don't get near my own best times anymore. :-|

But like I said, all my games lack the boost from before with GB working.

Hi,

You mean in the general settings of game booster? Because the translation is a bit different then.

I have checked : Show games launched by Game Booster & Show Steam Games.

'Switch to gaming mode when Steam game is launched' I cannot see directly.

Is this setting maybe to find in ASC5?

I can only launch around 5 games via the Gamebox, cannot add or drag/drop any others in, they won't appear. But game booster always boosts when I start up a game. Still saying it improves system with 40%, but all games are just the same with or without GB.

Störung, I have a feeling that you need a Clean Install.

Delete all the folders relevant to Game Booster after uninstall.

IObit Uninstaller is convenient for uninstallation.

Please download the most recent version from Cicely's post HERE to re-install.

You should have setting windows as follows for toggling the option I mentioned in my previous post:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9699&d=1333074400

Please also update OS + Computer Details in your Public Profile in the forum reachable from UserCP on top left of every forum page.

Cheers.

Hi, well yes, it was the same general settings box I was in.

But my options have a different translation and because not mean the same.

Where you have :'Restore to normal mode after game is over'

my option is :'Show games launched by Game Booster'

&

Where you have : 'Switch to gaming mode when steam game is launched'

my option is : 'Show Steam games'

other options are the same. (GB3.3.1)

I'll delete tomorrow complete & try reinstall again. Keep the post informed.

@ enoskype: I have done the clean install, using Iobit uninstaller to delete all maps (had done that before though). Reinstalled with the download from Cicely's post.. setted lang to english (the dutch translation is not quite correct for those last 2 options) BUT, it still doesn't work. Well, it boosts, saying it enhances my system with 40%, but no boost noticable in games (all games).

To check I tried another game booster (Toolwiz game booster), uninstalled Iobits GB fully before installed Toolwiz.

Testing in game: For Hot Pursuit, FPS remains capped at 60FPS as well with Toolwiz GB but I did feel a very slight improvement in handling/responce, and the screens loaded a little faster. But it's only slightly, Iobits GB when it worked gave better performance gain.

In TF2, with Toolwiz I don't notice any performance gain while when Iobits GB worked, the game ran faster. All classes were faster, best noticeable playing Heavy character since he is slowest.

Looking back to Hot Pursuit, because that is something weird, how to explain that I got 80FPS out it when the game engine locks it on 60FPS??? And I can't say more then all I did for get that 80FPS was installing Iobit GB (version2 at that moment) and launched the game. At first sceptic about installing a game booster, only installed it to see if it worked because I was content with ASC4, but surprised it actaully gave noticeable improvement ingame.

Hi Störung,

I understand that you have tried the afore mentioned options checked and unchecked.

Frankly speaking, I was expecting an increase of performance after clean install, anyway, have you tried IObit Game Booster PRO Beta 1?

You can download it from the link in http://forums.iobit.com/images/misc/paperclip.gif IObit Game Booster PRO Beta1! thread. (Clean Install please.)

Although you can't find it in IObit's web pages, and supported only by partners, the software is a product of IObit. There are extra features of system tools, FPS count and temperature reading of several sensors if available in the PC.

It will be interesting to see if it is better performing than GB 3.3.1 in your case.

There are many gaming members here in the forum who prefer GB PRO beta 1 to current Free GB.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype!

We're making some progress I think!!

Though I must say that the GB Pro Beta can run quite unstable on my system. Sometimes it doesn't react very good (as in very slow, you click on something and have to wait like a minute before something happens). Had to shut down via taskmanager several time already.

This always happens when you see in Configure over 250 unnecessary services, and alot entry's to check/uncheck are just duplicates then.

Normally there is only 21 unnecessary services. It also gives alot more Non-Windows services while I normally only have 3 in that list, didn't manage to open up that list then as the GB hangs or doesn't react anymore.

Also there appear no games in the Game Box, appart from the windows games (card games, chess and so) so I cannot start up any game via Game Box. Adding doesn't work.

I have to do some more testing of games now, but my first impression is there is boost again in game. TF2 runs faster and in Hot Pursuit, the FPS still remains locked on 60FPS but I can notice an improvement in handling/responce and screen loading. Not as good as on 80FPS but better then GB3.3.1 as there was no boost to notice with anymore.

I'll update the post when I had more time to test it.

Hi eno,

well, last night I deceided to just clean reinstall my windows 7, optimalisized install. Didn't feel the Pro beta work properly, though it boosted now, other time didn't notice boost.

The normal GB 3.3.1 does its work again now.

Hot Pursuit remains capped at 60FPS but it just goes faster then without boost. Still I wonder about that 80FPS, how was it reached, because it was for as long it worked I got that.

Hi eno,

well, last night I deceided to just clean reinstall my windows 7, optimalisized install. Didn't feel the Pro beta work properly, though it boosted now, other time didn't notice boost.

The normal GB 3.3.1 does its work again now.

Hot Pursuit remains capped at 60FPS but it just goes faster then without boost. Still I wonder about that 80FPS, how was it reached, because it was for as long it worked I got that.

You probably have a setting in the game that is limiting your FPS to 60. Try to look there.

Hi,

in Hot Pursuit there are hardly display settings to change.

Screen calibration, Margin scale, Screen resolution, High resolution textures, motion blur, Shadow level & Gamma correction.

Neither is there an .ini file where possibly framerate could be set higher.

And game reviews state it's locked 60FPS.

I have tried alot different settings, Nvidia profile and so... now benchmarking with Fraps gives me average 59.860FPS with max 62FPS for HP. I keep wondering how it got 80FPS for a while, I doubt I will ever find what it was.

Archived