IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart RAM causes sound problems

Deval

I recently installed the latest version of IObit advanced systemcare, and everything worked perfect, except for this one issue;

whenever I play a video, regardless of file type, it sounds like the sound of the video stops for a split second, and as soon as I exit Smart RAM, but leave everything else running, the sound is just fine.

I have tried this on multiple computers and laptops, and the problem is the same on every pc, so I am certain the problem is being caused by Smart RAM.

For my video configuration, I use the Shark007 Codecs 3.6.0, both 32 Bits with the 64 Bits addon, the configuration is standard, no changes whatsoever.

I also us MPC HomeCinema, version 1.6.1.4193, pre-configured version from Shark007.

Hopefully someone knows what is going on as it is really annoying to have to exit Smart RAM whenever I want to watch a video.

Thank you for your response, Sarakael.

As for why I would need Smart RAM, well on this laptop I obviously do not really require it, however I use it for the same reason I use ASC: because I want my laptop to be as fast as possible.

That, and I have an older laptop with lower specs, which I usually take in the train and such, as I won't dare to take an expensive laptop with me.

Then watching videos, and probably listening to music too, could be a problem.

Yes, and they helped quite a lot:grin:

Well, I know that Smart RAM won't make a huge difference, but it is the only feature that keeps running processes such as explorere.exe and and programs like Google Chrome suppressed.

Google Chrome with 10 tabs open can take up 200MB, and with Smart RAM it won't take more than 50MB, which also reduces the fan noise a bit.

Right now I am using Chrome, and with only 2 tabs opened it takes about 85 MB.

Just now I started up Smart RAM, and it doesn't use more than 8 MB.

Archived