IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter test.......

acme

Malware Protection

Rating.

To find out if Malware Fighter free or Pro will be able to protect a computer from malware, I transferred 25 malware files onto the local drive. The real-time protection by both editions failed to catch even a single infected file during the transfer.

The next step I've done in this review is to run an on-demand scan of the folder that contained the 25 malware files. Both the Pro and free versions of this software were only able to detect 5 out of 25.

The last step is to determine if the program will be able to prevent or detect an active malware. I executed the remaining 20 malware to infect a test computer, but this software only prevented 4 out of the 20 active malware in real-time. The test computer then became infected with different malware including a nasty Autorun worm. Below are some of the screenshots that will show how an active malware continues to download or install additional malicious files, but Malware Fighter Pro failed to block or even display an alert.

11-26-2011

From - http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/126774.aspx

:sad:

The review is total garbage. The author recommends Malwarebytes. I use IMF Pro and run a weekly run an on-demand scan with Malwarebytes out of habit. (Bad habits are hard to break):lol: I have been doing this for over a year.

IMF has identified and blocked in real-time a number of malicious items. It has also found a number in scans. Malwarebyes has found maybe two files maximum in a scan and has found nothing since I upgraded to W8-DP (now W8-CP) last September.

On top of that the author says you can't exclude files from scans. This is wrong, plain and simple. I have never ever had any problems in installing IMF since v1.3

The review is total garbage probably written by an employee or user of Malwarebytes, which I wouldn't give you two cents for based upon the fact that it doesn't find squat on my computers since I upgraded to W8-DP, now W8-CP.

Archived