IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gone!

I uninstalled Malware Fighter because in my case,the computer is on 24/7 and it blocked some of my system setting updates.It is good,too good for me! :mrgreen:

The Malware side of ASC 5.2.0.223 is good enough for me! :wink:

-Cowboy

Chat To Eno..

No I didn't Eno..

Should I have?I have the Pro (paid)version of ASC and only wanted to see if IMF 1.4 gave me additional and wanted capabilities. Problem was I don't think I could stop IMF from blocking some legitimate system updates (real time).I know I could get it to ignore some scanned items and I did so.I didn''t think there was any conflict,but there is where I made a mistake possibly?? :idea:

-Cowboy

Did you uninstall it before trying IMF 1.4 Cowboy?

It was a good chance to know if there was any change in the new version for you.

Cheers.

Hi Cowboy,

I should have if I were you! :-)

If a small window pops up, you can give CREDIT (also Remember option can be ticked too) to that program, so it will not cause a pop up window to appear again for that specific program and allow whatever the program wants to do unless it is a real malware. There is a thread about that, if I can find, will give you the link. (I may be wrong, but this function may only work for PRO version for real-time protection.)

EDIT : The link for pop up window and window's content: Why is there no Explanation of the IMF pop-up?

I will be glad to try to help if you name those legitimate programs' updates which are blocked by IMF.

ASC's malware protection is not the same as IMF's, so, IMF is much more versatile and the content and the scope is much larger and, yes better.

IObit advices to use IMF together even with ASC w/AV.

Cheers.

What system updates are you referring to? As far as I know Windows only updates monthly unless there is a zero day event they have a fix for in between their monthly updates

There is system related activity at night depending on which OS you are using.

enoskype

I was looking at the realtime log and there does not appear to be a way to see which actions were blocked.

1. Are the blocked actions included in the realtime log?

2. If so how does one identify them?

2. If not, are they in some other log?

It would be very helpful to be able to see a list of the blocked actions.8-)

Hi Buddahfan,

It seems that only location for any realtime log of IMF is @:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\log\realtime folder.

My guesses are:

1) Blocked actions are included in realtime logs.

2) I would expect a notice/note/word for blocked action in the log file.

3) As far as I know, there is no any other log file for blocked actions. (As you may have noticed, pop-up window closes automatically and blocks an action by default, so remember.ini file @ C:\Users\Windows7\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter folder includes the blocked items too.)

I agree that there should be a common place to see the blocked actions and items.

BTW, there are so many levels of protection in a protected PC such as MS, IE, firewall, AV, antikey logger, etc., it may well be that there is no blocked action recorded YET in the realtime logs. :roll: (At least in mine.)

Cheers.

@Eno...

Sorry for the delay Eno!

...Maybe I was a little hasty in uninstalling IMF BUT,there are some other factors as well.I run WinPatrol PLUS on my machine and it has darn near locked everything down. The Pagefile,System Processeses and other things..it even has script to prevent anyone from disabling my AV and FW.Maybe I should set WinPatrol PLUS to block IMF from blocking anything system wise?? :mrgreen:

Also I use ThreatFire configured to leave a possible block up until I have a chance to allow/disallow whatever it is on about!

I use Avast 7 Home Pro and it has some anti-malware capabilities,and I have privatefirewall that oversees anything involving the system and communication OUT.

I guess my real question is:Can I configure IMF to ignore any system processes/updates in real time,as I have my Computer on 24/7??? This will really determine if I reinstall IMF and I want to use it side-by-side if I can configure it or let WinPatrol PLUS manage IMF??

Oh,I know,I know...I should add my other Security Software to my Profile! :mrgreen:

...alas,my big 'deal' is testing security software.I have a multi-tiered security system that hasn't let me down YET! ;-)

Thank you very much for dealing with me and my issues.Hopefully some of my trials and tribulations will help someone else...

Hi Cowboy,

I should have if I were you! :-)

If a small window pops up, you can give CREDIT (also Remember option can be ticked too) to that program, so it will not cause a pop up window to appear again for that specific program and allow whatever the program wants to do unless it is a real malware. There is a thread about that, if I can find, will give you the link. (I may be wrong, but this function may only work for PRO version for real-time protection.)

EDIT : The link for pop up window and window's content: Why is there no Explanation of the IMF pop-up?

I will be glad to try to help if you name those legitimate programs' updates which are blocked by IMF.

ASC's malware protection is not the same as IMF's, so, IMF is much more versatile and the content and the scope is much larger and, yes better.

IObit advices to use IMF together even with ASC w/AV.

Cheers.

@Buddahfan and Eno...

These were excellent questions followed by excellent answers from Eno! Thank you for the excellent input! :-D

-Cowboy

What system updates are you referring to? As far as I know Windows only updates monthly unless there is a zero day event they have a fix for in between their monthly updates

There is system related activity at night depending on which OS you are using.

enoskype

I was looking at the realtime log and there does not appear to be a way to see which actions were blocked.

1. Are the blocked actions included in the realtime log?

2. If so how does one identify them?

2. If not, are they in some other log?

It would be very helpful to be able to see a list of the blocked actions.8-)

Hi Buddahfan,

It seems that only location for any realtime log of IMF is @:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter\log\realtime folder.

My guesses are:

1) Blocked actions are included in realtime logs.

2) I would expect a notice/note/word for blocked action in the log file.

3) As far as I know, there is no any other log file for blocked actions. (As you may have noticed, pop-up window closes automatically and blocks an action by default, so remember.ini file @ C:\Users\Windows7\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter folder includes the blocked items too.)

I agree that there should be a common place to see the blocked actions and items.

BTW, there are so many levels of protection in a protected PC such as MS, IE, firewall, AV, antikey logger, etc., it may well be that there is no blocked action recorded YET in the realtime logs. :roll: (At least in mine.)

Cheers.

The remember.ini file is only showing the items that come up on the "allow" "block" pop-up but not the items blocked in realtime scanning on the GUI under "System" "Web" "USB" Blocked-Analyzed.

I looked in the realtime log and could not find any indication that a particular line up was blocked. It seems to be showing items scanned but I didn't see anything like an asterisk before or after a line item in the log indicating it was blocked. The best I can make out is the log shows all items scanned without identifying the blocked ones or only the okay items that were scanned by not blocked.

Take a look at your log once you have some blocked items and see if you can identify the blocked items.

Archived