IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB 3.5b not linking games

I've noticed several games on my system (Such as Star Trek Online) which GB 3.5b does not recognize automatically, and when I attempt to add them to the gamebox, both by dragging the file link and by using the Add+ button, GB freezes and I have to restart it in order to be able to do anything further with it (even use the "feedback" link on the bottom of the display. About half of my Steam games are in that list (the other half are in the gamebox where they belong), so my first thought (that it was because my copy of Star Trek Online was not responding due to being a Steam game) is clearly not the correct answer. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'll give it a try and see if it works.

(Edit)

Tried that trick with STO and it worked. Not as well as using the GameBox, or using the boost button and then launching the game, mostly because when I exited, I had to restore and exit from the system tray, rather than trusting GB to do the job itself, the way it does when you use the Boost button or the GameBox.

Further update. It's worked with every game I've tried it with, and I've noticed that if I use the menu to open the game with Game Booster, it automatically adds the game to the game box. That's a nice trick, guys. You should mention it in the help files somewhere, so people know without bothering you about not being able to add games using the method that's listed in the help file.

Archived