IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I have close to 20 trojans, and several others aswell

I will have to get a new pc, THIS ones disc drive broke for ever ago, and the computers internal hardwares so out dated, I can't even play half life 2, I think that may be because the viruses, but whats weird is, I'm on my pc right now, its not clicking at all, and when I start it up, it does click pretty bad for the start up, but I have EVERYTHING shut down, avg included, I have the files I need backed up on my flash drive, but if its not clicking, is it worth it to still do your last step and fight to get the viruses off? I'm thinking they MAY have something to do, I could be wrong, but since I shut everything down, her ram usage is way lower, and shes so quite, I have never heard her this quite, is it worth it? I tried a few games I have downloaded, I can play them and it doesn't fight it, only problem I have is on start up, and if I open anything to quick on start up, the power like fades in and out then steadies its self, any idea? I'm kinda wanting to go ahead with the steps you have

The clicking sound is probably coming from your harddrive or one of the fans; those are the only two pieces that are physically running on your computer. Most older computers really have a problem most of the modern games so if you're into playing computer games it would be best to upgrade to a new computer. When there is very little running on your computer the harddrive is not working as hard so that's why there so little noise. A new harddrive and a new disk drive which would cost less than $100 will get the computer up and running but it will still be outdated. If you change your harddrive, you will need the Operating system disk to re-install the OS.

so if I want to play games like for istance, the sims 1, THATS gona be ok? just not something like new? I can play games that require 128 mbs easily, don't even lag, but if I go 256 or higher, its rough on it, I'm getting a job pretty soon and then I'm gona get a gaming pc, but is it worth it to get the viruses off? and HOW can I tell what the sound is? I posted a video on youtube of me turning it on, if you need to hear it yourself, I can post the URL here, but yea, is it worth it? and how can I tell?

so if I want to play games like for istance, the sims 1, THATS gona be ok? just not something like new? I can play games that require 128 mbs easily, don't even lag, but if I go 256 or higher, its rough on it, I'm getting a job pretty soon and then I'm gona get a gaming pc, but is it worth it to get the viruses off? and HOW can I tell what the sound is? I posted a video on youtube of me turning it on, if you need to hear it yourself, I can post the URL here, but yea, is it worth it? and how can I tell?

I'm quite sure that the infections are gone. You can run ESET scan to make sure and post the log. Also post the link to YouTube.

I'm quite sure that the infections are gone. You can run ESET scan to make sure and post the log. Also post the link to YouTube.

http://youtu.be/wqfwhvvJ7Hw

I have a few vids, but I am giving you the vid that shows it starting up, I am able to play games now and its really quite, I'll run that scan and post that in my next vid, I'm not sure how long it will be so I figured I'd give you this too, the last 3 vids I posted are from the pc.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tarma Installer\{889DF117-14D1-44EE-9F31-C5FB5D47F68B}\_Setupx.dll Win32/Adware.Yontoo.B application cleaned by deleting - quarantined

C:\Documents and Settings\Rachel\Application Data\AVG\Rescue\PC Tuneup 2011\120519024312500.rsc a variant of Win32/InstallCore.D application deleted - quarantined

I think thats the last of it, I can't believe it, my momma and her best friend have tried to get these off since like 08 lol, I can't thank you enough, I kinda stole theirs because they have new ones haha, I do have a question, IF you watched my video, what did you think? fan or hard drive? and if its the hard drive, what can I do to get it to last longer?

I do have a question, IF you watched my video, what did you think? fan or hard drive? and if its the hard drive, what can I do to get it to last longer?

It's really hard to tell. It sounds more like a fan. Can you open the back of the laptop and take a look. If it is the HD it could last a month or could conk out in ten minutes. It's impossible to tell. We may as well do some cleanup.

Download this program and run it Uninstall ComboFix .It will remove ComboFix for you

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.

* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.

* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Use the Secunia Software Inspector to check for out of date software.

•Click Start Now

•Check the box next to Enable thorough system inspection.

•Click Start

•Allow the scan to finish and scroll down to see if any updates are needed.

•Update anything listed.

----------

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.

* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.

Safe Surfing!

I did the steps that you have given, I wasn't able to download the adobe, but my laptop does require a reboot, I CAN say one thing that I didn't before, if I move suddenly, or really any way, that sound that you heard in the video, it happens, but if its making that sound, if I tap it, or tip it up it usually stops, I don't think the hard drive would stop if I tipped it up would it? it would STILL have to read the info, so it wouldn't be helping if I tip it or tap the left corner by the screen would it? and if it IS the fan, I'm not able to do anything about it NOW, I'm going to have to wait till I have a friend come over and help me, hes good with computers, is it bad to use with the fan doing that? and the crashes and stuff, can that be bacause of the fan over heating? I can be loading like, the sims, the sims takes forever to load sometimes, I have it randomly shut down if the pcs been on awhile, I tried to do that twice one day, then it would randomly shut off

I did the steps that you have given, I wasn't able to download the adobe, but my laptop does require a reboot, I CAN say one thing that I didn't before, if I move suddenly, or really any way, that sound that you heard in the video, it happens, but if its making that sound, if I tap it, or tip it up it usually stops, I don't think the hard drive would stop if I tipped it up would it? it would STILL have to read the info, so it wouldn't be helping if I tip it or tap the left corner by the screen would it? and if it IS the fan, I'm not able to do anything about it NOW, I'm going to have to wait till I have a friend come over and help me, hes good with computers, is it bad to use with the fan doing that? and the crashes and stuff, can that be bacause of the fan over heating? I can be loading like, the sims, the sims takes forever to load sometimes, I have it randomly shut down if the pcs been on awhile, I tried to do that twice one day, then it would randomly shut off

It certainly sounds like it may be the fan and the shutting could be because of overheating. Run Speedfan to check the temperatures.

It certainly sounds like it may be the fan and the shutting could be because of overheating. Run Speedfan to check the temperatures.

how do I run speedfan? I checked it out, I downloaded it a few times, and its not on my system, I tried the things they said to try, I can't figure it out.

how do I run speedfan? I checked it out, I downloaded it a few times, and its not on my system, I tried the things they said to try, I can't figure it out.

You need to download it and then install it on your computer then it will run.

You need to download it and then install it on your computer then it will run.

The download link I had tried before was bad, I found a different one, and I got it to download, but, weird thing, its NOT showing me that I have ANY fan, I checked every setting, checked up on youtube, and google, Whats going on? I can give you readings or use bandicam to record what all I have if you need to see anything for your self.

The download link I had tried before was bad, I found a different one, and I got it to download, but, weird thing, its NOT showing me that I have ANY fan, I checked every setting, checked up on youtube, and google, Whats going on? I can give you readings or use bandicam to record what all I have if you need to see anything for your self.

Give me the temp. readings and the make of your laptop.

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES

I/O properly initialized

Linked ISA BUS at $0290

Linked Intel 82801GB ICH7 SMBUS at $18E0

Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...

Scanning Intel SMBus at $18E0...

Found FUJITSU MHV2060BH on AdvSMART

Found ACPI temperature

Found Intel® Celeron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz

End of detection

HD0: 47C

temp1:78C

temp2:0

Core:74C

Compaq, I'm not sure if this matters, but I've been ripping up carpet up in the living room almost all day, I've kept this thing ok, but it kept just idling and the screen would shut off, for the better part of the day, I have had the internet online uploading videos to youtube, and the sound hasn't been heard much, its steady right now, when I first turned it on, I could hear it for ever far away, oh, and there she goes agian, she did it again, I moved. I'm thiking that it is the fan, but I'll see what you think, I'll check this when I can. if you need the mother board, I'm not sure how to get it, but I'm sure I can figure it out if you need the bios

hi SuperDave

Sorry to butt in - but this sounds like a manual cleaning job of all the fans and a replacement of the CD/DVD drive. As it is now it sounds like one could be cooking eggs in the cabinet. The manual cleaning should be carried out with extreme care and should be very thorough.

The harddisk may also need to be replaced.

The best thing I think would be to save all important files - those that can't be downloaded from anywhere later - given your situation (cmjf) - save the irreplaceable files to a memory-stick - and then buy a new computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi SuperDave

Sorry to butt in - but this sounds like a manual cleaning job of all the fans and a replacement of the CD/DVD drive. As it is now it sounds like one could be cooking eggs in the cabinet. The manual cleaning should be carried out with extreme care and should be very thorough.

The harddisk may also need to be replaced.

The best thing I think would be to save all important files - those that can't be downloaded from anywhere later - given your situation (cmjf) - save the irreplaceable files to a memory-stick - and then buy a new computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thats kind of what I think I need to do, I did a test last night, computer hit over 120C. I can't believe that, I think I can still use it but I backed it up, and I am gona just have to use it if I have too. Thank you. For a new gaming desktop, what would you recommend? If I can ask I mean

Hi cmjf

Wow 120°C, - unbelievable. Are you sure it wasn't 120°F = ~49°C

You are welcome to ask - I do not know much about the best gaming computer - but I am sure many other members have a favorite.

Perhaps that question should be asked in another thread with another subject than trojans ;.)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If you want to keep the computer for odd jobs you should nevertheless give it a thorough cleaning of all its coolers.

Thats kind of what I think I need to do, I did a test last night, computer hit over 120C. I can't believe that, I think I can still use it but I backed it up, and I am gona just have to use it if I have too. Thank you. For a new gaming desktop, what would you recommend? If I can ask I mean

Hi cmjf

Wow 120°C, - unbelievable. Are you sure it wasn't 120°F = ~49°C

You are welcome to ask - I do not know much about the best gaming computer - but I am sure many other members have a favorite.

Perhaps that question should be asked in another thread with another subject than trojans ;.)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If you want to keep the computer for odd jobs you should nevertheless give it a thorough cleaning of all its coolers.

I'm sorry I mean 102C 0.0 WOW I can't believe that typo, I was trying to play a newer game (The land of the dead) it required a bit of ram to use, 256. I used that and it crashed, BUT it took it about maybe an hour or so of nonstop gaming to crash. I will clean it, um, what forum should I ask that question on?

Hi cmjf

If you write "cleaning cpu cooler and other fans" in your browser you can take your pick for the one you like best among the result.

While you are running it so hot as you are, you could try to take away the side of the computer while running it - that should help a little bit.

Hope you haven't placed the computer in close proximity to the radiator.

Have you any results concerning the virus scan?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the degree sign is Alt+0176 (numbers written on the number board.)

I'm sorry I mean 102C 0.0 WOW I can't believe that typo, I was trying to play a newer game (The land of the dead) it required a bit of ram to use, 256. I used that and it crashed, BUT it took it about maybe an hour or so of nonstop gaming to crash. I will clean it, um, what forum should I ask that question on?

Hi cmjf

If you write "cleaning cpu cooler and other fans" in your browser you can take your pick for the one you like best among the result.

While you are running it so hot as you are, you could try to take away the side of the computer while running it - that should help a little bit.

Hope you haven't placed the computer in close proximity to the radiator.

Have you any results concerning the virus scan?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the degree sign is Alt+0176 (numbers written on the number board.)

the problem with trying to take the side away from the pc is, well, I'm on a laptop, I've had troubles taking the thing apart to get to the fan, and and I had an odd thing happen, before all this happened, I couldn't open my security firewall for my windows XP thing, you know, the default, its working again, but I didn't find anything on it, is that ok that I am not using avg? i have the avg toolbar uptop on my browser, the one that detects active threats, and then I can't remember the name of the other thing superdave had me download, but its active too its to stop the browser from doing anything that can hurt my computer.

btw, I found out how to change the speed fan to F instead of C, every thing was high, the core temp was almost 200 F but I took the time to lift the back up and I also looked inside the grills and it DOES need a cleaning bad, but I tried to, I cant take anything out, I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it... :/

Archived