IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Command line parameters for closed applications

Hello IOBit!

I'm new here and I would start with suggestion. I have been a Game Booster user in the past, but one thing made me disappointed.

You know, a lot of applications use command line parameter to start minimized at startup, so that you don't have to see the UI. For example, SetPoint mouse dirvers start with this:

"C:\Program Files\SetPoint\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe" /launchGaming

or avast!:

"C:\Program Files\avast!\avastUI.exe" /nogui

This way, these programs start minimized in the system tray, without splashing their UI on the screen.

The problem with Game Booster is that, after a gaming session, when I restore the PC to its previous state, a lot of programs restart splashing their UI on the screen. This is because we can't set a parameter with which the desired application should restart (minimized).

Even a simple batch file can do this, but I'm sure Game Booster can do more!

Let me know what you think!

• 1 month later...
Hi Drag,

Thanks for this suggestion.

I have forwarded it to our program manager now. :)

@Cicely:

Hello! Since you are in contact with IOBit engineers, could I ask you if this feature request has been taken into consideration by them?

I'm surprised no one else has reported how annoying it is when, returning to Normal Mode, two or three application pops up their GUI in your face, because there is non command line parameters to tell them to start in the system tray instead.

Great Software anyway, I'm planning to buy Pro!

Regards,

Drag!

Archived