IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stop popupping ads

Another solution?

There is perhaps another solution. Masterblaster is running the test version of GB. There are apparently no pop-ups in the test(beta) version. If atitan wishes to test(use the beta) version...then perhaps this will eliminate the pop-ups and give atitan the opportunity to productively post feedback on the beta?!

Well, If you are changing software based on Popups, I don't think you are a targeted user.

If I use software that has a popup and I really like, I pay for it so the popups are removed.

If it is adware, I either accept it or don't use it.

Sounds like you are simply looking for something for nothing.

I must be missing something anyway because I am not seeing popups. I run the beta 3.5, play games, and restore when done.

I never see a popup.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Thank you masterblaster once again for providing a solution!! :mrgreen:

You did no wrong. I have reviewed your posts and contemplated. It is clear in your comment from your original post...You were asking for clarification by other members.

Your support is appreciated!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

your welcome lol, and like I said, any time I see something like that, I feel like its my responsibility to say something :-P

• 2 weeks later...
Pop up advertising is obviously an effective way of selling your product. If it wasn't, nobody would do it including Iobit. Iobit must sell some software in order to pay their employees and continue product development. If this is the price to pay for a "free" software... then so be it. This is a marketing decision that Iobit has made.

I was not offended by the post atitan made. I have been through a very trying ordeal here back in 2009 and I doubt there is anything somebody posts that would offend me. If I ever find a post that is totally inane, offensive, abusive and/or otherwise similarly purposeless anywhere on the forum by any member...I would simply edit it, and warn the poster (as it would be in violation of proper forum conduct). Further action may be take by me or the other mods/admins if the behaviour persists.

atitan has the right to express his/her opinion.

That being said... my original post still stands as it seems to be the only solution to remedy atitan's woes.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

Offend? I just state that gb popups ads is stupid.

Finally, I've uninstall gb because of its annoyance popups.

If IObit Smart Defrag also popups ads, i will uninstall it too.

SD put it at the bottom of ui.

For game performance tuning?

GB just does disable windows services/closing programs/change power plans/memory cleaning...etc.

I would like to use TU for optimization. It's legal and free.

There is perhaps another solution. Masterblaster is running the test version of GB. There are apparently no pop-ups in the test(beta) version. If atitan wishes to test(use the beta) version...then perhaps this will eliminate the pop-ups and give atitan the opportunity to productively post feedback on the beta?!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Thank you masterblaster once again for providing a solution!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for improving gb.

I've seen gb 3.5 has more functions.

It kinda making gb a game related all-in-one software.

But for 80% 20% rule, each new function is may not be useful.

If gb will going to be a game total solution, i think it's good and correct.

For a software/program, i think it's facing a little problem.

Thanks again.

Thanks for improving gb.

I've seen gb 3.5 has more functions.

It kinda making gb a game related all-in-one software.

But for 80% 20% rule, each new function is may not be useful.

If gb will going to be a game total solution, i think it's good and correct.

For a software/program, i think it's facing a little problem.

Thanks again.

Enjoy it while it lasts, you only have a few days left.

• 1 month later...

Archived