IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stop popupping ads

It's a dirty trick.

Annoyance ads ask users to invite friends.

If it still presents, and no optioins for turning it off.

I would rather to uninstall iobit product.

Game booster is not necessary, i just use it as a game shortcut.

Hi atitan.

As you find GB unnecessary... don't use it. At least don't complain about using it. Go ahead and uninstall it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It's a dirty trick.

After-all IObit is a Business.

yeah, for smart defrag i would accept this consequence.

but for gb, not necessary.

ui ads slows down you opening the game, not for performance promoting.

Does it really boost your computer opening games?

Hi atitan

I would not call your post a request.

You must remember that they haven't made the free program just for you personally.

In my opinion is best used in older machines that doesn't have so many resources - where it makes a noticeable difference to close down unnecessary services - in that situation it can make your running a game faster. Free applications are an attempt to spread the word and create goodwill I think, and if you get it for free I would personally live with it - if I felt it was too annoying I would either buy it or uninstall it.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. The Titans were the children of Uranus and Gaea and sought to rule heaven, according to Greek mythology :-)

oops, your reply is much useless than my REQUEST.

Hi atitan

I would not call your post a request.

You must remember that they haven't made the free program just for you personally.

In my opinion is best used in older machines that doesn't have so many resources - where it makes a noticeable difference to close down unnecessary services - in that situation it can make your running a game faster. Free applications are an attemt to spread the word and create goodwill I think, and if you get it for free I would personally live with it - if I felt it was too annoying I would uninstall it.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. The Titans were the children of Uranus and Gaea and sought to rule heaven, according to Greek mythology :-)

thanks for reply, i would like to unistall for annoyance ads.

For personally customization? I don't think only i have this question.

The question is how many people would like to request a request author unlike to see, and know it would be ignored.

Like avira, it popup ads, then i jump to avast.

There must be a better way to spread their products, the only difference is the wisdom between each author.

Unfortunately, gb likes ads, now i must glad to unistall it.

Well, If you are changing software based on Popups, I don't think you are a targeted user.

If I use software that has a popup and I really like, I pay for it so the popups are removed.

If it is adware, I either accept it or don't use it.

Sounds like you are simply looking for something for nothing.

I must be missing something anyway because I am not seeing popups. I run the beta 3.5, play games, and restore when done.

I never see a popup.

Well, If you are changing software based on Popups, I don't think you are a targeted user.

If I use software that has a popup and I really like, I pay for it so the popups are removed.

If it is adware, I either accept it or don't use it.

Sounds like you are simply looking for something for nothing.

I must be missing something anyway because I am not seeing popups. I run the beta 3.5, play games, and restore when done.

I never see a popup.

I agree with you, I'm sorry for the random post on this thread, but I like game booster, It don't work at all for some of my games BECAUSE my computers badly out dated, but the work put into it shows its not a fake, not to mention the fact that the forums here have such nice talented people on daily just to help. I DID see something I am not very happy about, was this guy being, rude, to Melvin_deal? or am I just reading that wrong?

I agree with you, I'm sorry for the random post on this thread, but I like game booster, It don't work at all for some of my games BECAUSE my computers badly out dated, but the work put into it shows its not a fake, not to mention the fact that the forums here have such nice talented people on daily just to help. I DID see something I am not very happy about, was this guy being, rude, to Melvin_deal? or am I just reading that wrong?

You easily give me a comment rude, so, aren't you rude?

Target users?

It's like self persuading, not willing to face the defect.

Defects always degrades any products.

Hi atitan

This is not true in this instance even if you feel so, my guess is that it was designed that way for the free version.
As it isn't a defect it doesn't degrade anybody, one can not in all fairness begrudge IObit what positive effects it may have on spreading the word and gaining some goodwill from providing the less affluent people with a nice free application.

After all it won't even take a second of your time to close what you percieve as irritating - and that in my opinion is a small price to pay to for using a free program for countless hours.

Cheers

solbjerg

Target users?

I wasn't being rude

Target users?

no, I wasn't being rude, I was asking if you were being rude to Melvin_Deal becuase it apeared you were, and to tell you the truth, if you were being rude, I wouldn't like it very much, these guys put ALOT of work into this forum and the products, so being rude to one of the guys isn't really, SMART I guess, its not like they said (Hey, I'm gona go make a bad product JUST to make Atitan mad, becuase thats what I like to do) they did it to help other people with computers that can't run alot of games, like mine for instance, IF I use it to play games, it don't really work because of how out dated and damaged my system is, but I have started running it in the back ground and it speeds EVERYTHING else up. so please, show some respect, I really respect them and I really respect there products and time, with their help, I got all the viruses I had OFF my system and it runs better than it ever has. thanks and I'm not being rude, just for the record, I'm really not .

CJ Fischer

I'm not a troll

This person is just a Troll.

This thread should probably be locked.

I'm not a troll MasterBlaster, I just stated my oppinion and I also thought he was being rude to Melvin_Deal, and I didn't really like that, that is actually why I said something about it, but I wasn't accusing him, I was asking if he was, I'm sorry if you thought I was being a troll though

EDIT: cmjf0013, the post of masterblaster is not addressed to you, please see the Quote: http://forums.iobit.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif in his post.

Hi Toppack, watch your friends! :lol::lol:

Dictionary.com:

1. (In Scandinavian folklore) - any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.

2. (Slang) - a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.

Example Sentences:

- Go troll on a comedy website instead of acting any more of a fool here.

- The intent is to get attention and that's why they troll.

- Troll dolls making a comeback in a movie building.

Encyclopedia Britannica:

troll

In early Scandinavian folklore, giant, monstrous being, sometimes possessing magic powers. Hostile to men, trolls lived in castles and haunted the surrounding districts after dark. If exposed to sunlight they burst or turned to stone. In later tales trolls often are man-sized or smaller beings similar to dwarfs and elves. They live in mountains, sometimes steal human maidens, and can transform themselves and prophesy. In the Shetland and Orkney islands, Celtic areas once settled by Scandinavians, trolls are called trows and appear as small malign creatures who dwell in mounds or near the sea. In the plays of the Norwegian dramatist Henrik Ibsen, especially Peer Gynt (1867) and The Master Builder (1892), trolls are used as symbols of destructive instincts. Trolls in modern tales for children often live under bridges, menacing travelers and exacting tasks or tolls

Cheers.

I'm not a troll MasterBlaster, I just stated my oppinion and I also thought he was being rude to Melvin_Deal, and I didn't really like that, that is actually why I said something about it, but I wasn't accusing him, I was asking if he was, I'm sorry if you thought I was being a troll though

EDIT: cmjf0013, the post of masterblaster is not addressed to you, please see the Quote: http://forums.iobit.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif in his post.

I hadn't seen you had edited that lol I was like :?: lol

A dirty trick?

It's a dirty trick.

OK folks, joking apart, it is not good to accuse IObit making a dirty trick.

Using both, GB 3.4 and GB 3.5 beta they don't bug me with ad pup-ups. Once in a while reminding me "to tell my friends what a good software it is" is the standart practise of the free softwares IObit is supplying.

I can call a dirty trick what Drivermax that I am using is doing;

When installing, after the first page, if you click to continue, there is a time lag and you click the button again intuitively for a response and the second click is perceived as the click for the second page, so without seeing the second page you accept a third party add-on. If you wait for a second or two after the first click, the second page with a third party software installation with reject option opens.

That's what I call a dirty trick. :evil:

All the best and cheers.

When installing, after the first page, if you click to continue, there is a time lag and you click the button again intuitively for a response and the second click is perceived as the click for the second page, so without seeing the second page you accept a third party add-on. If you wait for a second or two after the first click, the second page with a third party software installation with reject option opens.

:shock:Wow, Even a Troll would consider that a 'Dirty Trick':!: :evil:

:lol:

All the best and cheers.

I HAD THAT HAPPEN!! I didn't realize this, but I apparently pirated a game that I thought was free just because a trick like that, I deleted it but I had clicked twice on this thing to continue, and it said downloading game, It wouldn't let me end it, so now I have a game in russian that I can't play and can't get rid of. its taking oveer 3 gbs of space and nothing takes it off, BEWARE PROGRAMS THAT TROLL! Oh, and if you have any idea how to get rid of a rally racing game thats russian and that nothing will uninstall, help haha I still can't figure out what the program was in the first place I thought it was an update for my computer or something

ps: I don't like pirating anything, this game said it was free, but I looked online, its SO not

EDIT: If you open a new thread in IObit Uninstaller section we can look after that sticky game. :razz:

Hi All!

Pop up advertising is obviously an effective way of selling your product. If it wasn't, nobody would do it including Iobit. Iobit must sell some software in order to pay their employees and continue product development. If this is the price to pay for a "free" software... then so be it. This is a marketing decision that Iobit has made.

I was not offended by the post atitan made. I have been through a very trying ordeal here back in 2009 and I doubt there is anything somebody posts that would offend me. If I ever find a post that is totally inane, offensive, abusive and/or otherwise similarly purposeless anywhere on the forum by any member...I would simply edit it, and warn the poster (as it would be in violation of proper forum conduct). Further action may be take by me or the other mods/admins if the behaviour persists.

atitan has the right to express his/her opinion.

That being said... my original post still stands as it seems to be the only solution to remedy atitan's woes.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

I was not offended by the post atitan made. I have been through a very trying ordeal here back in 2009 and I doubt there is anything somebody posts that would offend me. If I ever find a post that is totally inane, offensive, abusive and/or otherwise similarly purposeless anywhere on the forum by any member...I would simply edit it, and warn the poster (as it would be in violation of proper forum conduct). Further action may be take by me or the other mods/admins if the behaviour persists.

atitan has the right to express his/her opinion.

I am sorry that I stepped in, I didn't really accuse him of that, but I respect you guys and If I see anybody being straight up rude or hatefull, then I feel like I should say something, not anything rude, just be like "hey, ease up man" just as I think yall would do if they were being rude to me for no reason, oppinions are one thing, being rude about it is another thing, I can say I do feel kind of bad about that, but llike I said, I didn't really say much, I just asked if he was, I don't care to stop and say something if its needed

CJ

Hi CJ

You did no wrong. I have reviewed your posts and contemplated. It is clear in your comment from your original post...

I DID see something I am not very happy about, was this guy being, rude, to Melvin_deal? or am I just reading that wrong?
You were asking for clarification by other members.

Your support is appreciated!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived