CPU usage doesnt match

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU usage doesnt match

The cpu usage from the task manager doesn't match up with the cpu usage advanced system care, my keyboard readout and speedfan are telling me. Currently task manager is saying my pc is using 6% cpu but every other readout is saying my pc is using 17% cpu and was wondering if this is normal or if theres a hidden program using my CPU?

Hi Megas.

First thing first, your OS by default use some CPU resources to run system precesses in background required for OS to run normally.

Situation that you described can be caused by some kind of bug in sensors, although i recommend installing and scanning your system with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to be sure that there is no malicious software running in background.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by iotop View Post
      Hi Megas.

First thing first, your OS by default use some CPU resources to run system precesses in background required for OS to run normally.

Situation that you described can be caused by some kind of bug in sensors, although i recommend installing and scanning your system with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to be sure that there is no malicious software running in background.

Cheers!
      Even so, in the task manager you do see all of the system resources used, or in theory you should see them. Which other read out programs are you using for your cpu monitoring? Maybe its a software issue? And with the recommendation above, I would also recommend doing a scan with an anti-virus software of your choice

Comment

Originally posted by Megas View Post
        The cpu usage from the task manager doesn't match up with the cpu usage advanced system care, my keyboard readout and speedfan are telling me. Currently task manager is saying my pc is using 6% cpu but every other readout is saying my pc is using 17% cpu and was wondering if this is normal or if theres a hidden program using my CPU?
        Hello forum admin I'm facing same problem please help me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ak5520 View Post

Hello forum admin I'm facing same problem please help me!!!
          What operating system are you using. Windows has already admitted that the CPU readings in Task Manager in windows 10 is inaccurate, and is one of the
          issues they are fixing in Windows 10 version 1809

To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Yes I am using Windows 10 version 1809

Comment

Ok....so what is the difference between the readings, and did you try any other programs to check CPU usage...such as Speedfan
              To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Working...
              X