This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Enoskype,

For the IE issues, do you use your IE in Private Browsing Mode? Because VBulletin replied that our forum does support and they will not make any improvements. It's really a pity.

IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Cicely
      The real pity here is vBulletins overall attitude. Everybody else is working hard to resolve these issues by providing feedback/suggestions etc...but getting feedback and or assistance from vBulletin is like trying to draw teeth.
      When are they going to address the issue of having to clear cache/cookies regularly in order to be able to use the Topic/Post/Edit functions. Surely if they have any pride in their product they would put all effort into fixing this serious defect. Basically they have released a product which will only work if the users apply a workaround every time they use it.
      Regarding this particular issue....I have been doing some testing and I have determined that it is not a Cache issue, it is a cookie issue. I did this by clearing first the cache for the last hour, did not solve problem....I then cleared cookies for last hour, did not solve problem....then I repeated this procedure for the last two hours, the last four hours and so on....the problem was not fixed until I got to where I cleared the cookies for Today....then the problem was fixed. This should assist them in solving the issue hopefully....that is if they even care.
      Another point regarding vBulletin advising users to be sure to use the remember me option....surely the realise that when you clear cache/cookies....that it deselects the remember me option and you have to Login again.

NOTE TO USERS: Once you clear the cache/cookies it is not necessary to restart your browser to get the functions to work. You only need to refresh the Forum/Iobit tab.
      To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

UPDATE:
        With regard to Topic/Post/Editing functions not working and the recommendation to clear cache/cookies and refresh browser....please note that I have isolated the issue down to
        a cookies issue. Today I started my browser, and after a while opened Iobit forum. I discovered that the Topic/POst/Editing functions were ONCE AGAIN not working.
        I cleared cookies only for the last hour then refreshed only the Iobit forum tab and lo and behold everything was now working fine.
        Surely vBulletin can solve this annoying bug, or is it just a waste of time giving them all this feedback.

Comment

Hi Scannan,

Sorry to hear the troubles. Yes, clear cache/cookies....that it deselects the remember me option and you have to Login again.

By the way, what is the browser that you are using? Still IE issue? Have you try another browser? Please send us your log in details with temporary password to support@iobit.com. Besides, please send us the link that you can not use the Topic/POst/Editing functions. Anyway, more details to help us reproduce the issues and then I can communicate with VBulletin.

Well, it seems that VBulletin lost their
          patience.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi Cicely

This is not a new issue. I am trying to make it easier for users by explaining that they do not need to clear all their cache/cookies as per vBulletins advice, but that they only have to clear their cookies for the last hour or two. Also it is not necessary to restart your browser as simply refreshing the Iobit page will be enough.
            I have already supplied all this information to vBulletin/Iobit as I have also informed that I use Firefox and IE. I can now operate the functions by clearing the cookies. However this is a workaround and not a solution.
            As for vBulletin losing their patience.....this comes as no surprise as it is in keeping with their overall poor attitude in dealing with issues in their product. Iobit are entitled to expect a fully functional product which they have paid for, and not a product which was realeased with many unresolved issues.
            I manage projects for many of the largest international companies, and I can assure you I am very familiar with product performance and supplier obligations. We the users are supplying vBulletin with valuable feedback, and rather than appreciating it and using it to assist them in improving their products, they create the illusion that we are causing the problems. Shame on them.

Comment

Hi Scannan,

I agreed with you. The new forums is really really unstable. We do not know what will happen in next seconds.

But I still need to communicate with VBulletin to solve issues. Hope everything will be fine.
              IObit Support Team --

Comment

I do not even know why I am bothering to point out issues anymore, as we get no feedback and vBulletin seem to be either incapable or unwilling to fix even simple issues.
                However, the wrong editing tool is present on the Topics main page. See attached screenshot. Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrong editing tool on forum topics page.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	193490

Comment

Working...
                X