IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My Advanced with Antivirus file is huge-334-407MB

I was very satisfied with my Advanced Pro and I decided to take a chance on the antivirus because I wanted to try virus other then AVG free.

The download sites says the file for the antivirus is only 56Mb but I have downloaded it three times now and it is 334MB in file size in my windows program, and in IOuninstaller it says the virus of the virus is 407.61MB.

I have sent several emails to people and they say the file is suppose to be only 56MB. I know but it is not. I will have to go back to PRo today and delete the antivirus. It takes up too much space in my computer.

Anyone else had this issue.

Hi playwithmycue

The install files are always smaller than the installed files.

Do you remember the size of the AVG install file compared to what it actually took up of room in your computer? This program should also be uninstalled

If you install ASC+ antivirus you should also take into account that you will then not need the plain ASC5 program and in this way save about 30 MB

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. most people do not need more than 1 or 2 languages and can therefore save around 10MB by deleting the language files they do not need.

(these language files will have to be deleted again if you upgrade the program to a new version, I think)

All in all I think you will end up with more free space by installing ASC5+antivirus and uninstalling AVG and ASC5

I was very satisfied with my Advanced Pro and I decided to take a chance on the antivirus because I wanted to try virus other then AVG free.

The download sites says the file for the antivirus is only 56Mb but I have downloaded it three times now and it is 334MB in file size in my windows program, and in IOuninstaller it says the virus of the virus is 407.61MB.

I have sent several emails to people and they say the file is suppose to be only 56MB. I know but it is not. I will have to go back to PRo today and delete the antivirus. It takes up too much space in my computer.

Anyone else had this issue.

I have just reinstalled Advanced System With Antivirus 2013

I have followed your instructions, and I have deleted AVG free and I also deleted Advanced PRO, and then I downloaded(AGAIN), the AS with 2013 Anti virus.

The results: In windows before deleting Advanced System PRO(That I loved), in Windows in my programs on my computer ASP was Only 56MB.

After I deleted and reinstalled AS with Anti Virus(And Updated it)-My computer said that Advanced With AntiVirus was NOW 340MB, and when I went into IOUnistaller to see the sizes of my large files, it read AS with Anti 2013 was NOW 423.74MB.

I now ran a deep scan and my Memory usage is around 60%(40% free)

I need more memory but right now I can not afford any more expenses.

Hi playwithmycue

I do not quite understand.

The memory you are talking about is that the RAM? Is that before or after you have have used the SmartRam - at what setting?

To see the used and the free space I find it easiest to right click the C: drive and click properties.

I took a look at my control panel/Add-Remove programs

My antivirus MSE has an install file size 7.93 MB in the Add/remove it says 17.33 MB

I then took a look at ASC5 there - the install file said 25.8 MB and in the Add/Remove it said 64.59 MB.

To my mind you ought to compare the amount of used harddisk and free harddisk before the new setup you had - when you were running ASC5 and AVG - to running with only ASC5+antivirus by going to the properties of the C: drive to obtain that information. To get a comparable size of the files try finding it in in the Add/remove in the control panel.

The size of the ASC5 part in ASC5+antivirus ought to be approximately the same as in plain ASC5. I haven't yet checked what the install file for the antivirus part is (bitdefender) but bitdefender is currently regarded as one of the very best antivirus programs. (I just checked - the install file for bitdefende was 74.24 MB) The installed file would then probably be about 150 MB - if we add that to 65 Mb I would expect ASC5+antivirus to take up 215 MB of space.

Comparing that to my current setup with ASC5 and MSE (81.92 MB) it is about 2.5 times that - but it is probably more secure. This is just a tentative calculation from the data I have selected.

I just saw that the install file for ASC5 + antivirus was 137 MB which in my approximation should give it an installed size of about 270 Mb - about three times as much as my calculation for ASC5 and MSE together.

Also just checked the size of the AVG install file (140 MB) by the same calculation it would probably fill 280 MB installed - if we add the installed size of ASC to that, then that combination would be close to taking up 350 MB of space I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have followed your instructions, and I have deleted AVG free and I also deleted Advanced PRO, and then I downloaded(AGAIN), the AS with 2013 Anti virus.

The results: In windows before deleting Advanced System PRO(That I loved), in Windows in my programs on my computer ASP was Only 56MB.

After I deleted and reinstalled AS with Anti Virus(And Updated it)-My computer said that Advanced With AntiVirus was NOW 340MB, and when I went into IOUnistaller to see the sizes of my large files, it read AS with Anti 2013 was NOW 423.74MB.

I now ran a deep scan and my Memory usage is around 60%(40% free)

I need more memory but right now I can not afford any more expenses.

Thank you very much enoskype.

My guesses wasn't too bad then :-)

(not too far from what AVG + ASC5 would occupy of the space)

Cheers

solbjerg

Around 400 MB is normal.

Circa 300 MB of this are Antivirus plugins, ie. cache and emalware files.

Cheers.

Forget about AVG-the file is too large

Thanks for both of your responses, but let me reword this.

The file size is miss represented. It takes up way too-too much space on my computer.

It takes up far more space then Advanced Pro and AVG free did. One of the reasons(other then free-that people tolerate and download AVG free) is that there are option to install fewer components on your system.

The advertised link to buy/upgrade to Advanced System With Anti Virus 2013 at 56 MB does not give someone with my limited computer expertise the impression that if after downloading/purchasing, it that it would be larger then any other of my ACER Programs or any other programs on my computer(installed)

I will use it for a couple more days and see how my computer performs. Yesterday, I was able to run Deep Care with Advanced, and I was able to run a Quick Scan with the antivirus 2013, but when I tried to run a FULL scan after about 30 minutes of scanning, my computer shut off again.

Again, thanks for anyone's help.

Archived