IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Real-time protection help

My regular download speeds are ~15mb/s however as soon as I enable real-time protection they drop to nothing above .4mb/s (to a local server). When enabled I can't download the virus database update at anything faster than 12kb/s.

What can you do to fix this?

My regular download speeds are ~15mb/s however as soon as I enable real-time protection they drop to nothing above .4mb/s (to a local server). When enabled I can't download the virus database update at anything faster than 12kb/s.

Welcome to the Iobit forums... I just have to ask the stupid obvious question... please forgive!

As soon as you enable the real time protection of what?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mitch86,

Thanks for the obvious answer to my stupid question!

I cannot address this.

Are you running a firewall? This will be my last post on this as I am not familiar with ASC/AV.

Hopefully others more familiar will post.:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mitch86,

I have reported this error to our programmers now. They will look into it and I will contact you when there is any updates.

You can still perform on-demand scan. You just can not use the real-time protection, which is kind of on-access scan.

A simple example, when you insert an USB, the program will not pop up a window to tell you that the USB has been scanned and you can open it safely now.

Archived