IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

McAfee Site Advisor Removal?

joe2cool

Hi I have removed 'McAfee Site Advisor' using windows & also 'IObit Uninstaller, which seemed fine. Noticed in Programs (x86)/McAfee, SiteAdvisor folder still there. There was an uninstall there which deleted some remains but not others? How best should I get rid of these remnants left? If I try & shred, it says it can't because still in use or some other program using? Firefox or IE are not using this now.

Appreciate your help

Thx

If Site-advisor is still being loaded and runs in background,

you should be able to Disable it using Security-Task-Manager,

then remove it?

See Info about STM at this thread:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=13443

If Not I would try Re-Naming the site-advisor folder or the files in that folder,

to see if they could then be deleted.

If that won't work you will probably need to use Windows-Registry-Editor (or some other Editor or Registry-Cleaner)

to remove entries, pretaining to Site-advisor, from the Registry.

Hi do have 'Avast' on desktop, but McAfee AV on laptop but will remove once license runs out, & use 'Tool' then. I was thinking perhaps the 'siteAdvisor' folder is there because within the 'McAfee Security Center', you can download the 'siteAdvisor'

Thx guys will check info given, appreciated

Archived