IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Running Advanced System Care 5 wiped out Yahoo SiteBuilder?

Hi, I recently downloaded the free version of Advanced System Care 5, and last ran it July 10 -- and since, my Yahoo SiteBuilder is just gone. The shortcut says its disabled, I searched the whole computer - and Java says its all disabled.

Is this normal? What can I do? I've lost data for 3 websites that I maintain. . . I'm freaking out!! Or is it somewhere?

Does the Shortcut Fixer wreck anything else? Or is something else to blame???

Thanks!

Hi JoJoCowgirl... welcome here.

Try the rescue function of ASC to undo the changes. If that doesn't work then use your imaging software and if you don't have any then use system restore This is a previously unreported problem here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. If you are using your machine to maintain 3 websites and are generating revenue this way... I highly recommend you upgrade your system all the way around!:-) (Support for XP will be ending soon)!!

Hi JoJoCowgirl,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is really the first time we hear about such issue.

Please provide the following information so that we can test it.

● The specific version of ASC and Yahoo SiteBuilder;

● Your operating system is XP 32 or 64 bit?

● Your detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Complete reply - and poof! Gone with the wind. :( Apparently, not my year.

I did a system restore and while it restored the shortcut picture, JAVA is nowhere to be found. Gone. I'm gonna keep looking, but nothing is as it should be. No way of doing what I need to do.

XP, but do not know what 32 or 64 bit means. Yahoo Sitebuilder is 2.6J, and ASC is v5. And all I did was run the scan to clean my computer. Didn't know it would ruin everything.

Didn't know that XP was thing of past soon. Sigh. Better luck next life.

Yahoo Sitebuilder is 2.6J, and ASC is v5. And all I did was run the scan to clean my computer. Didn't know it would ruin everything.

Thank you, JoJoCowgirl.

We will test it and post back the result.

Same feeling. I will miss XP.:-(

Hi JoJoCowgirl,

We failed to reproduce the issue you encountered.:-|

Please kindly follow the steps below to send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can look into the issue.

Please press Windows + R key => type %appdata% in the blank => open IObit folder => open Advanced SystemCare V5 folder => find the Backup and Log folders, zip and send them to us as attachments.

Thank you.

Complete reply - and poof! Gone with the wind. :( Apparently, not my year.

I did a system restore and while it restored the shortcut picture, JAVA is nowhere to be found. Gone. I'm gonna keep looking, but nothing is as it should be. No way of doing what I need to do.

XP, but do not know what 32 or 64 bit means. Yahoo Sitebuilder is 2.6J, and ASC is v5. And all I did was run the scan to clean my computer. Didn't know it would ruin everything.

Hi JoJo... That is unfortunate.:-( I suspect it is from "fixing" some high risk registry items from the deep clean function (High risk means there is a high risk of damage to your system if you tamper with it... in the future if you are not sure of a high risk entry... uncheck it before repairing)

You can get the newest Java here.

I believe this is the download you will need:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10219&d=1343434416

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived