IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ticking the checkboxes

enoskype

Hi everybody,

If you tick the boxes of the functions to scan, they stay ticked untill the time you untick them.

If it is not like that, then there is something wrong with the clean installation of ASC6 Beta 1.0 performed.

Cheers.

Great Video !

Maybe the program needs to be Closed, not just Stopped, for it to stay, and saved into the settings config ?

Then Re-run.

Sure looks like a bug to me though.

I don't have the beta installed yet, so can not test it here.

[Edit] by Mel: To all reviewing this thread please disregard this post in regards to LuanBR's posts... it is an errant post on an unrelated issue!

This "ticking" issue is resolved in the next release.:grin: I informed Cicely of it the day the beta was released to us. (about a week before the general release) She informed me that the "customize" function had been designed to always reflect the recommended (default) settings but in the next release it will reflect your chosen settings. Basically the customize function was overwriting your chosen settings.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

You know that you can install the beta without unninstalling ASC 5, don't you?

Yes, I was just Waiting until you Guys get all the Bugs worked out,

before I install it, since 5 is doing everything we need. :wink:

Did you try completely closing 6, to see if check-mark stayed?

C'mon guys,

I don't see anything abnormal in the video.

Expert Mode and Simplified Mode are two seperate modes and you can seperately tick or untick the options in both modes independently.

So you can adjust it like Quick Care (Simplified) and Deep Care (Expert) as in the previous version unticking some in the simplified mode.

Program comes as some unticked in simplified mode as default.

Customize is nothing to do with the functions we are discussing. What Cicely talked with the programmers is not concerned with ticking in the modes.

It is, when you click customize, whether it will reflect the default (recomended) or the actual settings set by the user in the Settings.

At the moment, it reflects the default (recommended) settings and when applied as it is, it changes the settings set by the user to whatever ticked in the customization windows.

Cheers.

[Edit] by Mel: To all reviewing this thread please disregard this post in regards to LuanBR's posts... it is an errant post on an unrelated issue!

Hi! :grin:

You guys must have missed my post on the ticking issue... post 5 .

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

C'mon guys,

I don't see anything abnormal in the video.

Expert Mode and Simplified Mode are two seperate modes and you can seperately tick or untick the options in both modes independently.

:?:

Sorry, I don't see anything about "modes" in the video I Watched ???

:?:

Sorry, I don't see anything about "modes" in the video I Watched ???

LuanBR changes the mode in the video from Expert to Simplified. That's why half of the checkboxes are not ticked, because they are the ones in simplified mode.

Hi! :grin:

You guys must have missed my post on the ticking issue... post 5 .

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Mel, I have read it, and my post #8 is after reading it.

Cheers.

Hi Everybody!

I had not viewed the video!:oops: (I have now)

Aye, the customize function has nothing to do with LuanBR's post! I have only confused the matter by posting on an unrelated issue without thoroughly reviewing the thread!:-|

Thank you for clearing up the thread Enoskype!:-)

What Enoskype is saying is that version 6 has two interfaces instead of a quick scan and deep scan. The simple interface replaces the quick scan and the Expert replaces the deep scan. The settings do not carry over from one interface to the other... just like in version 5, the quick scan and deep scan have their own independant settings.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

No Toppack, nothing is removing the checkmarks. It is the assumption that checkboxes in Simplified and Expert modes are the same.

They are not, and they are independent of each other.

Second video of LuanBR clearly shows that when only Shorcut Fixer ticked and used in simplified mode, second time only Shortcut Fix is seen as ticked.

My post #1 in this thread is still valid.

Cheers.

LuanBR changes the mode in the video from Expert to Simplified. That's why half of the checkboxes are not ticked, because they are the ones in simplified mode.
No. First I tried on Expert, it unticked. THEN I tried on simplified, it unticked. I did not changed before checking. And in the second video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DeKHyjxPM&feature=plcp I do it ONLY on simplified AND it unticked anyway :neutral: (Not anytype of preferences saved)

No. First I tried on Expert, it unticked. THEN I tried on simplified, it unticked. I did not changed before checking. And in the second video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DeKHyjxPM&feature=plcp I do it ONLY on simplified AND it unticked anyway :neutral: (Not anytype of preferences saved)

Yes, that's the way it looked to Me.

I still think closing the program down will Save the changes !:!:

But I'm Not saying that is the way it should Be. ;-)

Second video of LuanBR clearly shows that when only Shorcut Fixer ticked and used in simplified mode, second time only Shortcut Fix is seen as ticked.

My post #1 in this thread is still valid.

Cheers.

LuanBR, it is acting as it should and there is nothing wrong with keeping the ticked checkboxes ticked.

This case is closed for me.

Cheers.

Hi All!

I have reviewed all the posts and viewed all the videos and have done some more testing of Ver.6 beta. I can find no problems with the settings concerning the two "modes" or "interfaces" either. :-)

It is as Enoskype posts.

Please excuse the confusion I added to the thread.:oops:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[EDIT] by Mel: Thanks for restoring my previous deleted post Enoskype, as that would have further added to the confusion. I went back to restore it and found it already done.

Okay I'm totally confused, :mrgreen:

Me too :shock:... I gues that's why someones were talking about the "Automatically repair" box being ticked and others were talking about checking boxes like "Disk Scan" or "Malware Removal". I had the entire discussion started from that image

http://i46.tinypic.com/727xwx.jpg Am I right?

Archived