IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Advanced System Care 6 Beta 1.1

norton737

What did they change.

1. A much simpler UI for Simplified Mode with Smart Scan.

2. Fixed some general bugs reported in beta 1.

More modifications and improvements will come in beta 2. :mrgreen:

Smart Scan: Users who use Simplified Mode do not need to think about what items should be ticked to perform a quick scan or deep scan. The program itself will perform the appropriate scan according to your computer performance automatically.

A little bug...

Hi! :wink: There is a bug of Advanced SystemCare 6 that has not been corrected in this second release:

Open ASC6 > Settings > Care > Junk Files clean > Additional section > Enable secure file deletion DOD 5220.22-M (Slower)

Check this option, press APPLY and close this window. Return into the settings (in Junk Files clean tab, as before): Enable secure file deletion DOD will no longer be checked... :? You can repeat this operation as many times as you want.

Would it be possible to submit this issue to IOBit, Cicely? Thank you in advance! :-)

Feedback

No issues thus far but I would say that I hate how you automaatically put a link to the Uninstaller on my desktop and on my Start menu. I don't recall giving you permission to do this and I want it permanently removed.

Hi LudorFlorez,

Thank you. This little bug will be solved in the next version.:smile:

Hi auutumn,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Uninstaller is designed in this way in order to provide a convenient way for users to uninstall unwanted programs. :-| If you don't like it, please delete it from your desktop and Start menu.

Hi LudorFlorez,

Hi auutumn,

Uninstaller is designed in this way in order to provide a convenient way for users to uninstall unwanted programs. :-| If you don't like it, please delete it from your desktop and Start menu.

It's truly designed as an intrusive application that you sneak in without the users consent, pure and simple. Don't try to justify this deceitful act, just remove it from the installer.

This is a clarification/communication post.

Hi LudorFlorez,

Hi auutumn,

Hi auutumin! Cicely is addressing two different posts here...

The first is by LudorFlorez and she is telling him that the bug is solved in the next version.

The next post she addresses is yours: Hi auutumn,

Uninstaller is designed in this way in order to provide a convenient way for users to uninstall unwanted programs. :neutral: If you don't like it, please delete it from your desktop and Start menu.

Hi auutumn,

You have been a member of this forum for a quite long time and seems that you have been using IObit products for a long time.

I find your wording against IObit very disturbing and unjust.

It may be your choice not to have IObit Uninstaller shortcuts in Start menu and desktop, but it seems to me that it is a very good convenience to have the shortcut of the latest IObit Uninstaller in Start menu and on Desktop, as it gives me opportunity to use the latest version of the program with corrected bugs.

Since some users also use the stand alone IObit Uninstaller, it is a good thing to have the latest highlighted.

This is my opinion and everybody may have different opinions.

Personally I want it to stay as it is.

So, please refrain from using rude words as sneaking, deceitful act, or whatever for IObit.

Cheers.

Uninstaller is intrusive

As I stated in a previous reply, putting any program on the user’s desktop, start menu, programs listing without their consent and/or hidden under a ‘custom install’ option is unethical, sneaky, and deceptive. There's absolutely no good justification for doing this. Who knows what other pieces of software you’re installing on my system without my knowledge! I was able to delete the useless Uninstaller program from the desktop and state menu easily but under program listing was more challenging, I actually had to reboot my PC in order to get rid of the shortcut. I’m thoroughly disgusted by your practice!

Hi auutumn.

You must also remember that you are helping to Beta test the new version 6... it is still under development.

Your feedback has already been acknowledged by Cicely from Iobit.:wink:

Thank you for helping to test.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived