IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5 System Optimisation and Internet Connection Speeds

Melvin_Deal

This thread is created and moved from an unrelated thread.

The following tests were performed on a machine with these basic system specs:

MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2

3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)

Intel Pentium T2390 @ 1.86GHz Merom 65nm Technology

My current system optimisation selections from the ASC 5 system optimisation:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10234&d=1343622356

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

ASC System Optimisation and Internet Connection Speeds

Hi Mel,

Don't you use ADSL/SDSL to connect to intrnet?

Wireless connection to internet is confusing, as the wireless connection is the connection to ADSL in general.

Wireless connection to internet exists, but not at home generally.:idea:

Summary: Wireless connection to ADSL from a laptop at home is not a Wireless connection to internet, but connection to internet by DSL.

Cheers.

Hi Mel,

Don't you use ADSL/SDSL to connect to intrnet?

Wireless connection to internet is confusing, as the wireless connection is the connection to ADSL in general.

Wireless connection to internet exists, but not at home generally.:idea:

Summary: Wireless connection to ADSL from a laptop at home is not a Wireless connection to internet, but connection to internet by DSL.

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype,

I use broadband access through my cable line utilizing a cable modem (ADSL, approx 20 mbps download and 1 mbps upload) connected to a wireless N router.

I have used the settings in my screenshot for years... do you suggest I do something different? I have never had any issues... only occasionally I have to switch servers if one becomes slow due to overuse. (a couple of times a year).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Enoskype,

I use broadband access through my cable line utilizing a cable modem (ADSL, approx 20 mbps download and 1 mbps upload) connected to a wireless N router.

I have used the settings in my screenshot for years... do you suggest I do something different? I have never had any issues... only occasionally I have to switch servers if one becomes slow due to overuse. (a couple of times a year).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I would use ADSL/SDSL, Cable Modem, or Sattelite link option.

It will be interesting to test which one suits your configuration better.

Several checks with SpeedTest from the same server in each adjustment may reveal the one to be preferred.

In the mean time, I wonder what will be the difference in the registry for relevant System Optimization. :?:

Cheers.

Test 1

My first test is in the screenshots and is complete.

I have tested at least three times on two different servers... the results were very similar on each test from each server so I have attached only one screenshot for each server. In the following tests I did the same... If one of the three tests had a significant abberation, I tested at leat two more times to confirm that it was due to Server load and Server performance variations.

Test 5

I haven't had time to closely look at this yet... but I have a tentative theory/conclusion on this and have devised a fifth test... I am going to try to "bottleneck" my system using the system optimization function and then run the speed tests.

I've reviewed all my screenshots and offer my opinion/theory on the results... My initial observations are that my system is faster than my internet connection and is limited by it... thus any optimizations I make, really don't matter. The basic access package I use promises max speeds of 20Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload.

I never really have thought about it much as I am not a gamer, nor do I exchange large files. The connection has always been more than adequate for my needs. I believe my ISP offers service 2.5 times faster (50 Mbps download... but 5 Mbps upload). This is for their residential customers. For the business customers I am sure there are different greater offerings.

My summary/theory is that no matter the settings I have in my Iobit AdvancedSystemCare version 5 system optimization selection... as my machine is more than adequate to handle the speeds of internet access provided to it... I will see no difference in download/upload speeds no matter my selections as the cable modem provided by my ISP and linked to my account through its ID numbers will restrict the information exchange.

Test 5 complete.

Well done!

Great job Mel! :grin: Thank you for your diligence and patience.

When I did those back with ASC3 and XP, also playing with the old Internet optimization, there were a lot of registry changes.

I thing, together with W7, now there is not much to do for Internet Optimization.

Still it seems to me that the optimum for your configuration is Daily use (Home User) for Computer Optimization and DSL for Network Optimization.

Cheers.

Thanks!;-)

Agreed...

Daily use (Home User) for Computer Optimization and DSL for Network Optimization.

If you notice the only great variation in speed results was due to the choice of serving locations... undoubetedly due to the variance in the type, quality, and amount of the servers they offer along with the quality of the physical connection between me and them. The two locations I tested with consistently showed the same speeds... so I logically will use the fastest. (which I was already using anyway). So greatest gain utilizing my type of connection is to be had by searching for the best server locale and sticking with it.

The tests were performed on a machine with these basic system specs:

MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2

3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)

Intel Pentium T2390 @ 1.86GHz Merom 65nm Technology

(I will edit this into one of the earlier posts... thanks for the idea:idea:)

I was surprised by the small registry changes within the limited tests... I think you are right that there is not much to be done on newer Windows OS... (my opinion is that 7 was a tweaked and cleaned up release of the huge Vista change that was much tweaked before the release of 7).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. When I have a minute I will expand the images so that all can simply view the thread...I will also add an edit to the first post consisting of relevant key words so all the Browserbots lurking around get it right.

Archived