IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

system resources

My system performance dropped from 6500 to 3900.

What are you using to Measure it?

??? (6500 to 3900)

(Which program and which versions, for each number ?)

The addition of the AV program does use more Memory, than ASC Alone,

if that is what you mean.

Any Security service program uses a lot of resources,

since it must be loaded and running in background at All times, to monitor all activities.

System performance

Thanks for the reply.

OS is Windows 7, 64 bit on a Dell 8100 with 8gb of RAM.

I am using the latest ASC version with the anti-virus, but RAM remains at 3800 to 4100 gbs while it operates normally at 6100 to 6900gb for just the ASC. I find it difficult to believe that 2gb of resources are needed to maintain the software's working correctly. In the past I used Mcafee and later Norton, but experienced difficulties with both with resources. I don't recall the am't of RAM used with either.

Regarding the "cut and paste" issue, I had received the answer way back when, but lost the file. Have not heard on the most recent inquery to repair the issue. If you could send that to me I would appreciate it.

Please understand I am not trying to be a pest; it's more important to me to keep this computer up and running for our home business. The more resources I have in RAM the more windows or programs I can open and maintain. Often times I can have up to 6 to 8 windows available at any given moment without issue. Apparently, I will not be able to continue that course in the future if I can not resolve my present dilemma.

I will update this data in my profile.

Thank you.

If you do not have 'Process-Explorer' program,

you can downoad it from Microsoft here :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

It gives a list of most of the Services, Processes and Programs loaded in Memory and how much memory they each are using.

Which will be helpful in letting you know where the resources are going.

It does not show Hidden Processes though.

You will need another program for that, such as 'Security Task Manager'.

Which is a little more difficult to use but gives much more Information.

http://download.cnet.com/Security-Task-Manager/3000-2094_4-10246545.html

Note - Do Not Remove anything, using those programs, until you are Sure what they Are!

Hi jamesonone,

You aren't being a pest... this is the purpose of the Forum, to offer support.:wink:

This is still not very clear to me...

RAM remains at 3800 to 4100 gbs while it operates normally at 6100 to 6900gb for just the ASC
Are you saying that out of your 8 Gigabytes of Ram... your system normally uses 3800-4100 megabytes of it, but with ASC with A/V your system now normally uses 6100 to 6900 megabytes. (1000 megabytes equals one gigabyte) So ASC with A/V is taxing your system RAM to the tune of 2.3-2.8 gigabytes. ASC with A/V doesn't normally consume this kind of RAM. Where are you getting these numbers from??

This is high RAM consumption all the way around!! Even without ASC A/V installed! You must have alot of softwares running at start-up and lots of services running. I agree with Toppack that you should take a look in your system and trim down whats running on it. The tool he suggests is a useful one.

Some simple things you can do are to limit the programs in your start-up manager to bare minimum. Cut off functions in your softwares like automatic updaters... (things that are not absolutely necessary). Uninstall any toolbars you may have (they load your system with services and some even gather information and send it to people {spyware}.

Norton (Symantec) is known to leave little bits and pieces running around in your system.:sad: You can use the Norton removal tool to get rid of these. You can get it by clicking on my blue link, then downloading from one of the links in the center of the MajorGeeks download page

This concerns SmartRam: Your other Thread in the Forum is here.

This also is unclear...

Regarding the "cut and paste" issue, I had received the answer way back when, but lost the file. Have not heard on the most recent inquery to repair the issue. If you could send that to me I would appreciate it.
What issue are you trying to repair??There is no file I can send you... the SmartRam tool is located in the Iobit toolbox inside ASC. Launch it and run it unchecking the option to "Clean Clipboard" within the settings or you may have problems with your Copy/Paste function of windows if use the automatic functions.

These things should give you a good start, please post back with the results.:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived