IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

disk drive

cmjf0013

I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my disk drive is out, I'm not so sure its OUT, so much as shut off, I've been checking this out, and it appears that its SHUT OFF, does anybody know anything about disk drives?

This is my disk drive PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K16

driver status Widnows cannot load the device driver for this hardware, the driver ma be mission or corrupted. (Code 39)

thanks, and if this is not something that anybody knows anything about, please help me find a good place to find it...

I'm not sure if its repairable, but I am willing to try anything, thanks guys CJ Fischer

I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my disk drive is out, I'm not so sure its OUT, so much as shut off, I've been checking this out, and it appears that its SHUT OFF, does anybody know anything about disk drives?

This is my disk drive PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K16

driver status Widnows cannot load the device driver for this hardware, the driver ma be mission or corrupted. (Code 39)

thanks, and if this is not something that anybody knows anything about, please help me find a good place to find it...

I'm not sure if its repairable, but I am willing to try anything, thanks guys CJ Fischer

You may be able to do an Internet-search to find the driver software needed,

but I think Pioneer stopped making that slim drive in about 2007.

You may be able to do an Internet-search to find the driver software needed,

but I think Pioneer stopped making that slim drive in about 2007.

oh ofcourse, the ONE drive I have, its not in service, lol, um, what should I look up? I looked up several and they were all kind of confusing 0.0

oh ofcourse, the ONE drive I have, its not in service, lol, um, what should I look up? I looked up several and they were all kind of confusing 0.0

I've found that there was a compatibility problem with that driver software and Windows XP.

I can't figure out what they mean by the "firmware upgrade tool", do you know what that is?

(I think they mean the Driver-software though, since I suppose it could be called a upgrade to the On-board Firmware)

There may a later version of the Driver that will work but I'm not sure which it is either. :?

It may work with Vista or W-7, but not sure?

This is one I found:

TECH NOTE: For Windows XP users the dual layer DVD driver (pre-SP2) worked for both layers of the DVR-K16 drive, however, post SP2 the CD layer typically did not work for most. Likewise users who have earlier versions the Pioneer DVR-K16 firmware upgrade tool does not recognize the drive and therefore does not permit flashing the bios as in the drive listed below (This is a Microsoft driver issue not a drive issue).

I suggest that you get a newer DVD drive.

yea, that last one is the last one I found too, that made me scratch my head :oops:

It seems I'm not allowed to enjoy my favorite movies and all that good stuff on my pc, but thats ok, I just knew that I had played them before, and now its just not working haha, not sure, do you think this is worth going after to fix? and if so, what should I look up and what information should I provide and look for in the search?

I get the feeling that you have 'More Time than Money',

so you could Try to find driver-software that will make it operate.

I think it Is Available, somewhere.

Just have to keep trying until you find the correct software.

But you Know what I would Do, ;-)

since that computer would Not even make a good Door-stop or Boat-anchor. :lol:

Sorry About That! :roll: :grin:

I DID find out, its a great booby trap, I have it on a board on my bed, I had a 13 inch tv next to me, I jumped off the bed really fast, in a hurry, I landed on the EDGE of the board, the computer flew off and landed on me, but I also grabbed the tv as I was falling, the tv fell on BOTH me and the pc, yea, I was NOT having a good day XD

Archived