IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for WinMetro

itobe

Don't be sorry -- you're doing fine. Played with my Win8 laptop a bit, and I think what I'm hoping for with WinMetro is more user control than is available in Win8. (8 is slick, but they don't leave much in the user's control . . . which has been the history of Windows from the beginning -- more and more distance between the user and the OS. Back in the day, I loved DR DOS, because it gave me more control than straight DOS.)

Win Metro

Happened to use a trial of WinMetro and found much alike Windows8 front. I am quite happy with the tiles on the left side, but wants to customise the tiles on the right (e.g: MS frontpage, PDF creator and Paint - which I don't use that often!)- could it be more flexible??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

By golly, the elves at IObit have been busy! Lovely, lovely job! It's going to take me a little while to acclimatize myself to this and see all the stuff you've plugged in, but boy, you guys (and gals, of course -- "guys" has become an all-inclusive term) have done a TERRIFIC JOB! So nice. Thanks. And Merry Christmas to you, too, and have a wonderful New Year!

This is your browser, right? Hmm. You know its limits, I'm sure -- but aside from not being able to move back and forth via a "back" button at least, it's working well for bing and facebook. It does link to a pdf reader when asked, but apparently the reader isn't able to function when it's linked to -- I use foxit. Also hitting full-screen on a video link stops the video and leaves the sound going. But you guys know all that, right? But darn, you're crankin' out the code, and I'm happy. Thanks again for all you're doing.

Is there a way to change or remove Internet Explorer from WinMetro. I use Google Chrome for a reason, because IE is the worst browser there is. I'd use Firefox even before IE. In other words I'd love to use Chrome with WinMetro. Plus it would be nice to be able to add the program shortcuts I want manually. Also it would be nice to be able to drag and drop the program shortcuts in the order the user wants them. All in all you guy are on to something here with WinMetro.

I think maybe the IObit guys are going to implement something like Win8's method of adding apps to "Start" in order to put 'em into WinMetro's opening display. Right now there's a kind of random sampling, or maybe apps are added in the sequence in which they were installed -- i.e., by date of installation. But at any rate, the browser used seems to be one of IObit's own making -- it's not related to anything I have seen, and will undoubtedly get better with the next implementation of WinMetro. Personally, I'd wait to see what they come up with; this is a very clever and innovative bunch we're dealing with, here.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mikey45,

Presently we do not have that feature.

I have written your concern down and will let our program team know for consideration.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions. :mrgreen:

I Love It!! However, the weather app has Chicago and I live in Louisiana and can't change it!! How can I fix this?

To the whole IObit gang

It's good to see you using the facebook platform; hope other users are "liking" and sharing your posts. My guess is the "social media" bit is going to pay off for you -- keep on truckin', guys; you're tops in my book.

будет ли руссификатор? и желательно сделать чтобы использовался браузер установленный основным по умолчанию. так как Internet Explorer - плохой браузер. а так прекрасная задумка! ;-)

Google Translate:

whether Russifiers? and it is desirable to use a browser to set basic default. as Internet Explorer - a bad browser. well great idea! ;-)

Please use English on the forum or use an online translator like Google Translate

Пожалуйста, используйте английский на форуме или использовать онлайн-переводчик, как Google Translate

• 1 month later...

Hi

I would very much like to recommend your program to those that are on the verge of buying a new system but don't know if Windows 8 is what they want with this new MetroUI. However I noticed some things that don't make it recommendable imo

The Weather App. I get the weather for Sunnyvale, where the bleep is that? I know it is not near me for sure since it sounds like a USA city and I live in the Netherlands, this should be editable.

The IE app: This goes to desktop IE and is not intergrated in the UI like in the real Windows 8, twitter, facebook do this correct though

Editing tiles: The metro screen shows only 12 desktop tiles, not the 49 I currently have there, If I want ppl to get used to Metro this should be emulated properly and one should be able to edit the tiles according to once desire (weather, market... I don't care for the NasDaq or DowJones, I need the AEX since .. again... I am Dutch and so are the users I want to recommend this to... etc etc)

When these issues are adressed I might recommend it, now?... not so much

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, I downloaded this software because it acts exactly as i want it to ( it can act like a replacement for the menu button in w7) Sadly it turned out to be one of the dumbest softwares I've seen.

After THREE years you weren't able to improve this garbage not a tiny bit. You've been asking for feed back since 2012 and there was no interest in solving any of the mistakes you've made in the first place. This has no use at all and i'd be surprised if someone kept using it. If this is you attitude toward users i can imagine how serious you are in your other projects.