IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Do The Scans look at ALL Disks?

cb2992

Hello,

Big fan of the software so far! I have ASC Pro v5 and I was wondering when I initiate scans, cleans or optimizations from the panel is the software scanning and optimizing all disks connected to Windows or simply the local drive that ASC is installed on?

Thanks!

If by "scan" you mean 'check for Errors' on drives then chkdsk /r

or chkdsk /f is the Best way.

If you mean 'scan for fragmentation', then IObit's 'Smart-Defrag' program is a good way.

There are also Disk-scan utilities in the 'Tool-box' section of ASC, that will do all partitions and drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicely View Post

Hi xcoalminer,

Yes. To be more precise, Disk Scan in Advanced SystemCare only scan the system drive.

Hi cb2992, welcome to IObit Forum!

You can find the answer to your question in tha quote above by Cicely.

Cheers.

What about features like Mal-ware Scan and Removal? Local disk too or entire system?

What about features like Mal-ware Scan and Removal? Local disk too or entire system?

In this case I'm sure is the whole disk (or disks).

If by "scan" you mean 'check for Errors' on drives then chkdsk /r

or chkdsk /f is the Best way.

If you mean 'scan for fragmentation', then IObit's 'Smart-Defrag' program is a good way.

There are also Disk-scan utilities in the 'Tool-box' section of ASC, that will do all partitions and drives.

Thanks.

If you are asking if ASC-5 has complete Anti-virus and Malware protection,

then No it does not.

The new version of ASC with AV is supposed to do that though,

but it is a completely different program than ASC-5.

I think it is still in Beta-testing.

???

To be a 'Complete' Malware protection program, the program must be updated regularly (almost daily) with the latest malware definitions, downloaded from the software provider's server.

The malware-scan utility in ASC-5 is Not updated, so it is not complete malware protection, no matter how many partitions or drives are in the computer.

It only scans for a small portion of all the Malware that is 'Out There' and does not monitor incoming data, like with Browser and Email.

Hello all!

By looking at my time, two of the other mods could be up, I definitely am, and one admin is probably soon to be on here. (two of the mods may be about bedtime, I am up and here, and the admin I refer to is clearing the cobwebs (after a long day) soon with a hot cup of coffee or a cold beer:-D).

This thread is not clear and I believe has deviated from the original poster's question. I am not sure that the "disk scan" mentioned was a direct reference to the exact disk scan function of ASC... (the natural posts about dskchk followed) but a general reference to the operation of ASC.

This thread is on the ASC5 section and any posts must be reflective of ASC5... if any posts in this thread are reflective of IMF, the original poster should make this clear.

I think the new question is whether or not all ASC5 functions generally scan across partitions. Which is an excellent question posed by Amanda_L... as I have no partitions, I cannot test.

Does anyone knows the detection rate? I could test the Malware Removal Tool in a partitioned virtual machine to see if the scan is done on all partitions but an answer from an Admin will save us time.
Perhaps this will be answered by another of the forum leaders? I don't know.:neutral:

As to this by Amanda_L...

Does anyone knows the detection rate?
We all must remember that the ASC5 malware removal tool is not a complete one, but part of a package of tools to be used for general system mainenance (thus the existence of IMF and ASC/AV).

I am not sure how the "optimization" element was introduced as it was a vague and unclear reference by the original poster (inferring a general appraisal of the operation of ASC5) and answered by Enoskype in post #2.

Maybe its a good idea if we make sure we are all talking about the same thing?:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I think the proper answer to the questions in this thread is that:

'Only the Original-programmers Know for Sure' and they're Not telling. :shock:

And I heard that they are living in a Cave, on top of a Mountain,

where no one will ever Find them! :roll: :lol:

Archived