IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Uninstall Problem.

Ted

Hi, All,

I installed MS PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to correct problems reading some PPS files. I find now that I cannot Uninstall MS PowerPoint Viewer 2003 ( see attachment).

I've tried Add & Remove Programs in Control Panel, Revo Uninstaller and also RegSeekers's uninstall tool, I've even tried re-installing version 2003, but always get the same Error message. All of these tools apparently require the program's own uninstall file.

However, ASC PRO 3 RC 1 lists neither of these PP Viewers in its Software Uninstall tool. Why is this?

uninstall

Ted-did you check off the "show updates" box on top of add/remove? I don't have that app. but you may find it as separate entries on your list and be able to delete one by one-you may also try a search for any files or folders related to that app and delete them item by item-and they may have to be deleted in a certain order due to dependency issues-have found this to be true of other stubborn installs in the past-a final word of caution regarding "revo" use it with caution especially in advanced mode-best of luck and welcome to our forum

Hi, enoskype,

I'm getting the same result when trying to install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Thanks detailer, I'll try your suggestions.

I could manually delete the PP Viewer, I suppose and then use RegSeeker to find and delete all the respective Registry entries.

Way to go detailer!

I think you hit the nail on the head!

Ted's screenshot shows that updates aren't displayed.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ted-did you check off the "show updates" box on top of add/remove? I don't have that app. but you may find it as separate entries on your list and be able to delete one by one-you may also try a search for any files or folders related to that app and delete them item by item-and they may have to be deleted in a certain order due to dependency issues-have found this to be true of other stubborn installs in the past-a final word of caution regarding "revo" use it with caution especially in advanced mode-best of luck and welcome to our forum

Hi guys,

Ted says that AWC uninstaller does not show it, infact, his small window is just on Windows' correct place, and Add or Remove programs does not uninstall it!!!

He is right, ASC and AWC2 do not show "Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003" uninstaller in ASC 3 Win Manager and AWC V2 Add-Ons.

Ted,

You may find an answer to your problem in http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=800a0046 .

Cheers.

EDIT: It is seen in his Windows, Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs" window. (just under the small window, 4.01 MB)

Yes you are right enoskype, it isn't displayed in either AWC290 or ASC 3 RC1, but it is displayed in Ccleaner, and by me in install/remove in the control panel if updates are checked.

Windows install clean up shows it too by me.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys,

Ted says that AWC uninstaller does not show it, infact, his small window is just on Windows' correct place, and Add or Remove programs does not uninstall it!!!

He is right, ASC and AWC2 do not show "Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003" uninstaller in ASC 3 Win Manager and AWC V2 Add-Ons.

Ted,

You may find an answer to your problem in http://search.microsoft.com/results....-US&q=800a0046 .

Cheers.

detailer: Thanks for that, I've never noticed that check-box. Doesn't appear to be anything relevant to my problem that I can see.

enoskype: Thanks for that link. Wow, there's a lot of files to wade through in that lot!

solbjerg:

Yes, I've also tried CCleaner's Uninstall tool with the same result.

I don't know if it's related, but I had a bit of bother installing an SP Update for NET Framework 1.1 last week. I finished up by reinstalling NET Framework 1.1, but then had trouble installing it as it kept hanging on the System_EnterpriseServices.dll. I got that all sorted and the update installed, then yesterday my Windows Defender wouldn't update and I had to do it manually.

enoskype:

I had an older version of Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installed, so I ran it. It has only removed the entry from Add & Remove Programs, though so I'll just have to manually delete the MS PowerPoint Viewer 2003 folder.

Ted, you already have Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.

It is in your uninstall programs seen in the attachment.

Try to use it.

Most probably as placed like below:

C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see yor post, try to install MS PPV 2003 or 2007 and see if it works.

enoskype:

All fixed!!

I tried installing MS PowerPoint Viewer 2003 again and this time it was successful. Add & Remove Programs uninstalled it this time without a hitch.

As a matter of interest, the msiccu.exe I downloaded was the same version as the one I've got. I tried my old file and it installed perfectly while the new one still gives that error message.

Many thanks for your help.

=======================

Great Ted,

It is good to hear that you have solved your problem.

For new msiccu2 setup, please check 1) if it is corrupted, and not to download to a temp folder, unblock it, 2) check your permissions with dial-a-fix.

Cheers.

EDIT: Please have a look at this post for details, and also read the given link in that post.

One more thing:

I had to do a System Restore and repeat my previous efforts, then reinstall MS PowerPoint Viewer 2007 as uninstalling the 2003 version had removed the PSS file asociation and my efforts to create a satisfactory new one were unsuccessful.

I've now installed the free OpenOffice.org suite which has a function very similar to PowerPoint.

Thanks again to all for the helpful suggestions.

======================================

Ok, great Ted

I use OpenOffice once in a while too, it has the ability to send .pdf files

and they at least knows that the year 1900 wasn't a leap year!

Cheers

solbjerg

One more thing:

I had to do a System Restore and repeat my previous efforts, then reinstall MS PowerPoint Viewer 2007 as uninstalling the 2003 version had removed the PSS file asociation and my efforts to create a satisfactory new one were unsuccessful.

I've now installed the free OpenOffice.org suite which has a function very similar to PowerPoint.

Thanks again to all for the helpful suggestions.

======================================

Help Getting Started

Sorry - I know that this probably isn't the right place to post this, but if someone can even point me in the correct way, I'll go there. That said, I know this is a very naive question, but I'm quite a novice with software, downloads, etc, so:

*) a friend sent me a link to download the basic IObit clean-up/trouble-shoot software - which I did (at least it SAYS I did). BUT:

1) Where is it on my computer, & how do I access/use it?

2) Is there a manual of some sort that I can download?

3) What else do I want to download, if I want to completely clean up my computer & keep it monitored? (without conflicting with my spyware, adware, virus protection, etc.?) You might try SmartDefrag too

OR

4) Does it just automatically, continuously run in the background to keep your PC optimized? Only the Professional (paid) version

OR

5) Do I have to buy something to make this run/work (or is there a membership charge or do I need to activate the software in some way? Not for the Personal version, that is free

And

6) Will this also work fine on my laptop & can I just use the same membership?

The personal version is free on your computers

The professional (paid) version allow you to install the same license on 3 computers

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I don't know where else to go for answers. Thanks, Dan.

PS - Where would I go for questions on some new O/S & MS-Office software I recently bought, but am now afraid to install on either computer?

hi IlliniFanDan

Which program did you download? AWC 2.9?? or ASC 3 RC2??

Did you download it to a file on your computer?

Try writing the name of it or part of the name i "Search" to see if you really have downloaded it. In the folder of the installed program you can see if it comes with a manual.

Just ask if you do not see your way ahead!

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry - I know that this probably isn't the right place to post this, but if someone can even point me in the correct way, I'll go there. That said, I know this is a very naive question, but I'm quite a novice with software, downloads, etc, so:

*) a friend sent me a link to download the basic IObit clean-up/trouble-shoot software - which I did (at least it SAYS I did). BUT:

1) Where is it on my computer, & how do I access/use it?

2) Is there a manual of some sort that I can download?

3) What else do I want to download, if I want to completely clean up my computer & keep it monitored? (without conflicting with my spyware, adware, virus protection, etc.?)

OR

4) Does it just automatically, continuously run in the background to keep your PC optimized?

OR

5) Do I have to buy something to make this run/work (or is there a membership charge or do I need to activate the software in some way?

And

6) Will this also work fine on my laptop & can I just use the same membership?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I don't know where else to go for answers. Thanks, Dan.

PS - Where would I go for questions on some new O/S & MS-Office software I recently bought, but am now afraid to install on either computer?

Archived