IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Scan

Does this feature run the Windows Disk Scan feature in Windows Explorer--->drive letter-->right click----Properties--->Tools----Error Checking?

The reason I am asking is that I have had two different computers using two different OS; i.e. W8-RP and W7-SP1 become unusable after doing a reboot when Disk Scan says it will run on next reboot.

On W8-RP I could not restore, reset or refresh which could have been do to an error on my part. I eventually was able to install Ubuntu from a USB drive. After a month or so I re-installed W7 from the installation disk.

On the computer running W7-SP1 I was able to restore the last weekly backup which includes a System Image.

Now I am not saying that Disk Scan doesn't work because I have used it a number of times and everything went okay. It could very well be that I messed something up.

In anycase I was just wondering if Disk Scan uses the Windows Error Checking; disk scan program or if Disk Scan runs its own disk scan error checking program/algorithm.

Thanks

Archived