IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Reinstalling the ASC6

ReneM

My machine was unstable, so I had to use a Windows restore point there were 8 days old.

Unfortunately, this has meant that Advanced System Care will no longer boot.

I had the paid version of the ASC5, which was automatically updated last week to version 6.

When I can see many remnants of both previous versions and the current version 6 on your computer, I think it's best with a fresh install.

Can I just uninstall the current and then download the free version and then change it to a full version with my registration key?

Or is it another version I need to download and install?

How do I get rid of the old folders from version 5 which is still under Program Files?

Manual removal by hand?

Thank you in advance.

Hi ReneM,

Please Clean Install a new setup file of ASC 6.

Delete all the remnants of old ASCs. If anything left, manual remove by hand.

You can use your registration key to convert it to ASC 6 PRO.

Cheers.

Thank you.

I have tryed to download but the link is broken, so I can't get a new installationfile.

:sad:

I have uninstalled ASC6 from my computer and manually removed the remaining files and folders it left bag in the subfolder for Program Files.

I also removed residues from version 4 and 5 as it had left through time.

After a reboot I installed the ASC6 free version 'from scratch'.

Great was my surprise when I found that the installed version was the Pro version without entering any registration key.

I was more surprised as I found that the new fresh installation also contained all my old logs since the first acquisition of the program.

I found out that the program had left more files and folders than it had uninstalled, especially during AppData / Roaming / IObit where I found a number of files and folders from version 4, 5 and 6.

However, it seems to work now.

Thank you for your help.

Hi ReneM!

I have uninstalled ASC6 from my computer and manually removed the remaining files and folders it left bag in the subfolder for Program Files.

After a reboot I installed the ASC6 free version 'from scratch'.

Great was my surprise when I found that the installed version was the Pro version without entering any registration key.

I was more surprised as I found that the new fresh installation also contained all my old logs since the first acquisition of the program.

I found out that the program had left more files and folders than it had uninstalled, especially during AppData / Roaming / IObit where I found a number of files and folders from version 4, 5 and 6.

However, it seems to work now.

Thank you for your help.

Yes I guess that was a surprise! I am glad the issue is resolved for you!:-D:-D

I would be very happy to understand and know how you removed those residues...? Please assist my understanding as you did some kind of "partial" clean install... Thank you.

If it had been a pure and clean install, the key would have had to be re-inserted.:?::shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Unfortunately, I discovered only after installation of ASC6 that version 5 had not uninstalled properly and completely, version 4 apparently had not done in his time.

Therefore I deleted manually all traces of files and folders I could find on the computer for versions 4 and 5 - and it was not only a few, it was unfortunately many.

Hope you are happy now ;-)

Thank you!

Many users have issues across the board concerning leftovers from previous installations... (this happens after repeated over the top installations of most all softwares). You can't depend on any built in uninstaller or updater leading to an over the top installation as they have different criteria for the uninstallation (or over the top installation)... you cannot depend on a stand alone uninstaller published from the same company as the software removed. So... in order to be sure that remnants are removed during the uninstallation process you must make individual choices concerning the software being removed!

I hope this makes sense... I will clarify if need be.:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived