IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to Boot scan

rayh78

What if I only want to do a boot time scan just when I want to.

Only option I see to check is "only next boot"

So fine after first install. What to I do if I want to do it again.

Does it reset if I just hit apply again.

Or do I have to change it to something else and hit apply. And then change it back to next time only.

Or do you really have to uninstall and reinstall the whole program. Of course its not worth the trouble.

Thanks

Hi rayh

The most reasonable way to do a boot defrag when you want to do it precisely when you want to is to untick that you want to do it automatically and then give the command to do it when you want to In this case choosing the "only at next boot would be a reasonable choice. ;-)

By the way remember to restart to make the machine boot. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

What if I only want to do a boot time scan just when I want to.

Only option I see to check is "only next boot"

So fine after first install. What to I do if I want to do it again.

Does it reset if I just hit apply again.

Or do I have to change it to something else and hit apply. And then change it back to next time only.

Or do you really have to uninstall and reinstall the whole program. Of course its not worth the trouble.

Thanks

Hi rayh

The most reasonable way to do a boot defrag when you want to do it precisely when you want to is to untick that you want to do it automatically and then give the command to do it when you want to In this case choosing the "only at next boot would be a reasonable choice. ;-)

By the way remember to restart to make the machine boot. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Understood that but how long do I have to change it back to auto for the next time.

What about the next time after that. Somehow need to reset only at nex boot.

Open program change it to auto then hit apply.

Then close program.

Then reopen and change to only at next boot hit apply.

Is it really this many steps? And would it work this way?

Thanks

Hi rayh

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10710&stc=1&d=1351955233

As you can see you have 4 options to choose from and in one of them you can even choose how many days between the automatic boot defrag.

If you configure it in the settings and make sure it is started and choose the type of boot defrag you like it should work without further input.

We have had a few reports where the setting jumped back to a previous setting, but this can either be solved by a clean install or you can find the main.ini file in the program folder/and or in documents&settings /application data, IObit/SmartDefrag and if that exhibits a wrong behaviour you can change it there to the one you want.

That ought to do it also.

Cheers

solbjerg

Understood that but how long do I have to change it back to auto for the next time.

What about the next time after that. Somehow need to reset only at nex boot.

Open program change it to auto then hit apply.

Then close program.

Then reopen and change to only at next boot hit apply.

Is it really this many steps? And would it work this way?

Thanks

Hi rayh

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10710&stc=1&d=1351955233

As you can see you have 4 options to choose from and in one of them you can even choose how many days between the automatic boot defrag.

If you configure it in the settings and make sure it is started and choose the type of boot defrag you like it should work without further input.

We have had a few reports where the setting jumped back to a previous setting, but this can either be solved by a clean install or you can find the main.ini file in the program folder/and or in documents&settings /application data, IObit/SmartDefrag and if that exhibits a wrong behaviour you can change it there to the one you want.

That ought to do it also.

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe I am not being very clear with my question. Or seems to be made for only automatic scanning.

I understand you can just scan ONCE or have it done automatically.

But lets say, what if you only want to do it TWICE manually about 32 days apart.

You would check “only next boot” for the first one.

Open program and “only next boot” is already checked and it was used in the first boot up so should not do a boot scan again.

How would you do a second boot scan only manually?

Maybe reset “only next boot” do you just hit the apply button again?

Or do you really have to uninstall and reinstall the software.

thanks

???

Just Disable the 'Boot-up scan' and run it Manually, when you need to, on the 'General-settings' page.

Or you can run it Manually, any time, by clicking the 'Defrag' button' at bottom of main page, even with the Auto-load still activated.

(Use icon on Task-bar or desk-top, to access the main page, when you need to do a manual-defrag)

???

Just Disable the 'Boot-up scan' and run it Manually, when you need to, on the 'General-settings' page.

Or you can run it Manually, any time, by clicking the 'Defrag' button' at bottom of main page, even with the Auto-load still activated.

There is no actual disable Boot-up scan button.

Maybe you are saying just turn off scheduled defrag. And set boot scan to every boot (again no disable button). But then with no scheduled scan it would only still do the boot time scan when I did a manual scan and then rebooted for it to do the boot time scan.

Hi rayh

On the boot time defrag Window you have some links if it says "Turn on" you just click it to do that, if it says "Turn off" you click it to do that.

Furthermore it is also possible to do it in the main window, if it says "Yes" under Boot defrag, just click it and it will change to "No" and vice versa.

Can't be much easier than that I think? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

There is no actual disable Boot-up scan button.

Maybe you are saying just turn off scheduled defrag. And set boot scan to every boot (again no disable button). But then with no scheduled scan it would only still do the boot time scan when I did a manual scan and then rebooted for it to do the boot time scan.

Archived