IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[Was] not a happy camper

petronella

Had I wanted your "new and improved" software I would have upgraded my current version. Your company just forced, yes forced since I had automatic updates turned off and 'Check for updates when program is launched' clicked, the installation of this program on my computer. The software was not launched. Only Game Booster and Smart Ram are running in the background. My preference is v5.4.0

The 2 choices of skins are atrocious, btw. One looks like it belongs in a 1970's Disco with the black lights and the other belongs in an old-fashioned white washed walled hospital.

I do not download/upgrade software until they have been out over 90 days. This is to give the company time to work out any bugs that may have been missed in Alpha and Beta Testing. It also gives me time to make the decision if I want the software/upgrade and to research my options if I do not want this upgrade/software.

Unless I can get v5.4.0 back I will be searching for a new product. I have been a customer for 5 years and this was may first year with a license so I could get all the bells and whistles.

Hi petronella, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

If you don't have the setup file for ASC 5 (5.4.0.257), you can download it HERE.

Please make it quick, because soon you will not be able to find that setup file in the web anymore.

In the mean time, I don't think IObit is going to make any improvements on ASC5, as they have released the second updated build of ASC 6 final.

BTW, it is not my software and I am a user like you here. :lol:

Cheers.

Thank you for the information but that looks like the one that I was forced into. The top of the gui, on another computer that is not online, states Advanced SystemCare v5.4.0 PRO. I cannot find the last 3 numbers to differentiate it from the current version.

This link u provided has the same gui as the current version that as forced on my computer which is Advanced SystemCare 6.0 and it requires u to go from Simplified Mode to Expert Mode just to get a complete cleaning. I am looking for the one that has all four sub-categories, Quick Care, Deep Care, Toolbox, and Turbo Boost, all on the same page and I can keep my Metal skin.

Thank you so much for the link. I will get it downloaded just in-case I cant find my original. Time to go computer hopping to see if one of them has the correct .exe file.

petronella, ignore the GUI on the download page, the Setup file is ASC 5.4.0.257.

Hover over the setup file after downloading and see the full version on the tip.

After installing ASC5, you can see the build number clicking on the figure with hint "More Settings" on the top right of the main GUI and than choosing "About" from the menu.

Cheers.

ASC6 Pro Upgrade Freezes

ASC6 Pro Upgrade Freezes

Win XP SP3

Sony Vaio VGN AX580G (2006 17" Laptop)

I upgraded to ASC6, but it would not work, so I uninstalled it and

reinstalled ASC5. It's ok now. Do not send ASC6 Updates to WIN XP USERS!

Hi all!

@ Enoskype...So I should perhaps archive the build you linked to?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Been away fishing, beautiful speckled Atlantic Trout...caught the legal limit... 6 per day, per person (my buddy and I)... they sell for 8$ USD per pound here (uncleaned and fresh at the market)... in other words for the weekend... we caught at least $350 worth of fish. Yay... they won't be going to market but instead... to our tummy (stomach)!:smile:

Hi pladecalvo,

We have released v6.0.8.170, which has fixed some bugs. You can download it here.

And if you do not like the skin in the program, you can create fantastic skins for ASC V6 by yourself and you can find more skins made by other users.

Here you can find the detailed instructions for how to create skins.

Archived