IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why is there advertising Promos on licensed Advanced care system 6

zedawol

Wondering why after paying for the software and license I get win a free naga razer link to Facebook land ?

I'm one of those people who pays not only to support products but also so I do not have to deal with Advertising. I didn't opt in and find it invasive, can it be removed.:x

Wondering why after paying for the software and license I get win a free naga razer link to Facebook land ?

I'm one of those people who pays not only to support products but also so I do not have to deal with Advertising. I didn't opt in and find it invasive, can it be removed.:x

That is a very valid and strong suggesttion... you have bought the product... you had to provide your mail address to buy, and you weren't offered the opt out on the nag Razer link. There should definitely be offered the opt out for all paying customers!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT by Melvin_Deal... it has been pointed out to me that perhaps my original position on this is perhaps a bit "heavy" as many Iobit users actually like to be introduced to new and useful softwares such as the Razer Gamebooster (which was primarily developed by Iobit). Sometimes my views reflect my famialiarity of the Iobit products too much. In this case my post reflects only a personal preference in general as does the original poster's.

Well Mel

If you do not want to use the links in the offer section ( Razer, IObit, Facebook or Twitter) I suggest you do not click them :-)

I do not find them invasive, and it is after all IObit that foots the bill.

They get requests for a lot of things and all users must accept that there are more viewpoints than just their own.

Cheers

solbjerg

That is a very valid and strong suggesttion... you have bought the product... you had to provide your mail address to buy, and you weren't offered the opt out on the nag Razer link. There should definitely be offered the opt out for all paying customers!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT by Melvin_Deal... it has been pointed out to me that perhaps my original position on this is perhaps a bit "heavy" as many Iobit users actually like to be introduced to new and useful softwares such as the Razer Gamebooster (which was primarily developed by Iobit). Sometimes my views reflect my famialiarity of the Iobit products too much. In this case my post reflects only a personal preference in general as does the original poster's.

as a paying customer for ASC Ultimate - I don't think it should have the advertising either. In its place feel free to put IObit news or new releases or features or products on the drawing board or even a link to the forum.

Paying customers should not see advertising.

I inadvertently clicked on one a few weeks ago thinking it had something to do with IObit. Wrong.

Cheers ~

Hi Immaculens

Let us examine what we are talking about.

As far as I have understood we are talking about what ? 4 links?

One of the links pertains to the Razer GameBooster - Razer is a partner of IObit that has added a few extra functions to IObits GameBooster program. Those that buy the Razer GameBooster program is in fact also IObit customers.

Another link is for Twitter to be able to follow discussion and news from IObit on Twitter, this entails that one has to log in on Twitter, if you want to do this - it is solely up to you.

The next link is for Facebook where you can follow discussion and news from Iobit too, like on Twitter you have to log in on facebook in order to do that.

The last link is for IObit homepage where you can download several different programs or find out about several things concerning IObit.

Of course they are all a form of advertising - but what isn't - one could equally well see it as a form of service for the customers IObit has.

If none of this appeals to you - do not click the links :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

as a paying customer for ASC Ultimate - I don't think it should have the advertising either. In its place feel free to put IObit news or new releases or features or products on the drawing board or even a link to the forum.

Paying customers should not see advertising.

I inadvertently clicked on one a few weeks ago thinking it had something to do with IObit. Wrong.

Cheers ~

I was unaware of any partnership as I am not a gamer and I have not enabled any GameBooster features. It is advertising nevertheless, as is the FB and Twitter, which I personally forgot about until your mention of them above.

The advertising is, I 'think' - a new development for paid users, and I don't like it. Its invasive, and likely just the beginning of a broader advertising assault ;-)

Its relatively small now, an annoyance like a fly in your room. But there is ample history in the corporate world to show that if such annoyances are not dealt with in the beginning - then they become the status quo, and not only do advertisements get 'bigger' (picture a full lower 'banner') but they will be more plentiful as well.

I don't find it trivial because I know what these things can evolve into.

If customers find it irritating & invasive but choose not to complain, that will pave the way for more of it because that's the way it is.

But as a paying customer I've said my peace :wink:

I was unaware of any partnership as I am not a gamer and I have not enabled any GameBooster features. It is advertising nevertheless, as is the FB and Twitter, which I personally forgot about until your mention of them above.

The advertising is, I 'think' - a new development for paid users, and I don't like it. Its invasive, and likely just the beginning of a broader advertising assault ;-)

Its relatively small now, an annoyance like a fly in your room. But there is ample history in the corporate world to show that if such annoyances are not dealt with in the beginning - then they become the status quo, and not only do advertisements get 'bigger' (picture a full lower 'banner') but they will be more plentiful as well.

If customers find it irritating & invasive but choose not to complain, that will pave the way for more of it because that's the way it is.

As Iobit must generate revenue to pay their bills and generate profit (they provide much useful,helpful, and free software to the world)... they do have business arrangements that are not always to everybodys liking, thus they must partner in order to generate the funds to further develop, pay their people, and grow. (capitalism,world trade,trading seashells)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Immaculens

I suppose that it is easily possible that further Service/Advertising links will find their way to that section of the startup window.

But if it gets to be too many I think the purpose will defeat itself.

One possibility may then be to put a button called Links&Offers there that will open a list of (explained) links that the user can utilize.

That way I feel that the responsibility for the individual's actions rests squarely on the individual's own shoulders :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. curiosity killed a lot of cats though, I suppose :-)

(example: I wonder what that command "Format" does in my OS))

Archived