IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update error...? [FIXED]

ragous

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (SP1)

I just downloaded ASCU 6 and updated it,but the Action Center keeps saying that it's not updated..

http://oi45.tinypic.com/jzb52.png

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2hclzc3.png

But when i check for updates it says that there are no more updates.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/z7a83.png

AutoUpdate.exe isn't blocked in my Firewall.

Rogous

Sorry, I know what Action Centre is...as you can see from my post some of the text is missing. Some glitch. I was attempting to ask "what is Action Centre reporting exactly and do you have another AV program running on your PC, as more than one AV can cause errors in Action Centre reporting.

ASCU uses BitDefender AV Technology and there is a known issue on the Microsoft side regarding Action Centre reporting for BitDefender. A resolution is awaited from MS.

However, the Faalse reporting with ASCU is rare and usually resolves itself.A reboot may solve the issue.

There is no need to turn window defender off. Also you need to ensure that there were not fragments left behind from your old AV. If you uninstalled using Add.Remove programs it often leaves fragments/files behind and they can cause issues when you install another AV

Hi ragous

This is very common with Windows Action Centre. It resolves itself. There are many reasons given for this and as many disagreements about these reasons.

Hopefully MS will eventually resolve these issues.

Windows 7 has had hundreds of updates and several hundred MB of updates since it has been released.

W7 Action Center can get bit funky at times as can othe features in W7.

I don't know how long ago W7 was installed on your computer. My suggestion for everyone is to do a clean install of W7 every couple of years at the most from their W7 product disk that includes refomatting the "C" drive. Doing this will help to eliminate a lot of the funkiness that creeps into W7 over time, probably due to all the W7 updates along with user installs updates and uninstalls of programs on their computer.

I know it is a pain for people to even contemplate doing this but if a user plans it well including removing all their personal files from the "C" drive which they should never be on anyway it isn't too difficult to do. It can take maybe a full working day to do depending on how many applications the user has on their computer. However, my experience has been that it the long run it is worth the time and effort.

Having said that users should also clean their computers daily of junk files and defrag and optimize their "C" drive at least once a week for optimal performance. I love Smart Defrag but I prefer to run a manual defrag and fully optimize nightly after cleaning the computer of junk files etc. I have the the time to do this and it works better for me that letting Smart Defrag auto defrag.

Archived