IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

disk check

lethal

Please, can someone tell me how to turn this function call (?) off. It occurs now in both simplified and expert mode, and is a real 'deal killer'. After the check runs (unless I can avoid or stop it), windows repair is 'recommended'.

Never achieving anything (the wiondows repair) and always delaying.

The impact of the disk check function led me to uninistall a couple of year ago and since being back appears to run irregularly. But it runs. ASC appears to do a great job otherwise (hence i dont want to uninstall again)

The user manaul and other guides are strangely silent on this.

Appreciate any advise.

thanks

lethal

Lethal

I cannot understand how Disc Scan is running in expert mode, unless you have selected it. In ASC 6 all tthe Care functions in expert mode can be individually selected. The default setting after install is that they are all selected, but then when you wish to run a scan you select the functions which you wish to run and deselect the others..

These functions are best left unchecked until you wish to run them at which time you select the ones you wish to run.

Hi lethal.

You have been a member of this forum for a long time... even longer than I!

From your user CP:

About the time that AWC became ASC? I suggest that you have multiple files (even if seeming empty) by Iobit... that must be removed. Please confirm that previous versions (including the set-up files) are removed. Please confirm that the download locations on your machine are empty of all ASC data. Please confirm that you are running (have only one version of ASC installed) only one version of ASC. Please also run bitremover for the old ASC parts floating around... It is here.

The user manaul and other guides are strangely silent on this.
The only strangeness is that a new volunteer hasn't written about this there. Perhaps you will JamesJ? (Us old volunteers have our hands full just addressing the posts and issues including the spammers.<not to="" mention="" the="" spam="">):-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!</not>

Archived