IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC U Background Processes

In Windows 8 Task Manager I see 3 sometimes 4 ASC items running and was wondering if I can turn any of them off, with exception of Ant-Virus.

1) Advanced SystemCare Service (32 bit) - Advanced SystemCare Service 6

2) Advanced SystemCare Ulitmate (32 bit)

3) Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Service - AdvancedSystemCareAntVirus

4) ASC Tray(32 bit)

On my 64 bit system?

James

James

No, they should not be turned off. Why do you want to turn off the processes. Are you having problems with your machine. ASC Tray could be turned off but it would simply remove the icon from your system tray and would not improve performance in any way.

The processes you mention are not big resource users and even if they were turned off it would make no noticable difference to your machine performance.

It is strongly advised not to tamper with processes unless you are technically experienced or unless they are causing issues on your machine.

Hi JamesJ.

I was curious if this was normal.

I'm not having problems, just curious.

I am curious how you installed ASCU. Did you install ASCU before you removed your previous Iobit installs? Were you by chance running ASC6 at the time you installed ASCU? And are you still running it? (ASC6)

Just curious.;-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived