IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Being charged a 2nd time for the same product! WTH?!?

I bought Advanced Systemcare Ultimate last month. Now I'm told I just bought Systemcare V6 Pro. Isn't Ultimate a more advanced product than V6 Pro?

The truth is I didn't buy V6 Pro yesterday. I bought Ultimate last month. Why would I be being billed a second time for a program that isn't even as advanced as the Ultimate I paid for last month? The longer I wait for a response and my refund, the more angry I'm getting. Someone on your end took my credit card information and RE-charged me yesterday. I am the only person with access to my Visa. The only way I would be charged again is if someone on your end took the liberty to RE-use my credit card info and charge me for V6 Pro, when I already own 6 Ultimate. Someone needs to respond and refund my $29.95 before I complain to the Better Business Bureau. This is total b.s. what you've done.

I bought Advanced Systemcare Ultimate last month. Now I'm told I just bought Systemcare V6 Pro. Isn't Ultimate a more advanced product than V6 Pro?

The truth is I didn't buy V6 Pro yesterday. I bought Ultimate last month. Why would I be being billed a second time for a program that isn't even as advanced as the Ultimate I paid for last month?

ASC /v6 is not the same as ASCU... the licenses have no interaction. You are billed because you bought??

Isn't Ultimate a more advanced product than V6 Pro?
Yes it is is if you count the fact that it includes anti-virus! Perhaps if you clarify further I can help. (to all... please see the other threads by doncobb;89637 here to fully understand)

Scrd01 is correct in his suggestion. I have linked Cicely here and in Scrd01's post.

OS + Computer Details:Windows 7, using Iobit 6 Ultimate for my antivirus, antimalware - the latest version - I have a couple laptops, one Lenovo that runs Win7 and one PC running Win Vista.

Auto-renew ?

The truth is I didn't buy V6 Pro yesterday. I bought Ultimate last month. Why would I be being billed a second time for a program that isn't even as advanced as the Ultimate I paid for last month?

I am sure Cicely can help

For future reference:

Did you buy Advanced SystemCare about one year ago?

If you did then the license for Advanced SystemCare was probably auto-renewed, this has happened to me with a few companies, not just Avangate

Go to Avangate and log into your account, then follow the instructions I found in the FAQ

How can I stop my subscription payments (cancel auto-renewal)?

Support Home » Payment

When choosing to make subscription payments for licenses, you will be informed at the end of the subscription about the amount that will be subtracted from your account. You can stop the payments simply by logging in to Avangate myAccount, going to "My Products" area and by clicking "Stop automatic license renewal" beneath each product that has this option enabled.

All the best, woz of oz

Roy...

I'm not sure how to contact Cicely. There was a link on the link you sent me to make her my "buddy". I did that. But it says she's not a member of any groups so I'm not sure how to contact her.

I appreciate your effort. I posted my problem in the forums in a new thread. I imagine someone will reply soon. Naturally, I'm not happy about paying for the upgrade last month to Ultimate, and then being charged again for a lesser version without my knowledge or permission. I'm sure someone will straighten it out for me soon. I hope so.

I may have purchased Advanced SystemCare a year ago, but I paid for the upgrade to Ultimate just a few weeks ago. That certainly should have changed my automatic update date, I would think.

Melvin - Thanks for linking everyone to my previous posts. I've been unhappy with ASC for several reasons. Right now, however, since I already paid an additional $29.95 for another program that ASC referred me to - SuperAntiSpyware - in order to get rid of all of the bots in my laptop, I was understandably upset to pay $29.95 for the original purchase of ASC, then the $19.95 upgrade to Ultimate just a few weeks ago and found that ASC recommended that I download SuperAntiSpyware to rid my laptop of all my bots, and now today I find that ASC has taken an additional $29.95 from my bank account yesterday, and I don't know why. I expect a refund but the arrogance of some forum posters who insisted I only paid $14.77 for ASC just adds to my bad experience with ASC. Clearly, I paid $29.95, which is why they billed me for $29.95 again yesterday. But I just upgraded a few weeks ago, so perhaps that forum poster would have done well to just butt out and let ASC reply to issues that only ASC can solve. My irritated thoughts today...

ASC /v6 is not the same as ASCU... the licenses have no interaction. You are billed because you bought??

Yes it is is if you count the fact that it includes anti-virus! Perhaps if you clarify further I can help. (to all... please see the other threads by doncobb;89637 here to fully understand)

Scrd01 is correct in his suggestion. I have linked Cicely here and in Scrd01's post.

OS + Computer Details:Windows 7, using Iobit 6 Ultimate for my antivirus, antimalware - the latest version - I have a couple laptops, one Lenovo that runs Win7 and one PC running Win Vista.

Posts moved

To keep things organized I have collected all the posts on this subject and moved them to this one thread :smile:

I'm not sure how to contact Cicely.

• Click on Cicely

• Then click on Send a Private Message to Cicely

I suggest you copy the URL address for this thread and add it to your Private Message

All the best, woz of oz

ASCU/SAS compatability

Hi Don,

Regarding your comment ASC referred you to another program,

super-anti-spyware.,

There is currently a minor conflict when using these 2 programs together on the same comp; which i believe is being addressed.

ASCU reverts to compatability mode, not a full service.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

IOBit took care of me...

I wish I could just delete this mishmosh of a thread. IOBit took great care of me already. My problem stemmed from not knowing who to contact and the forums are NOT the place to get financial problems solved. If there is any question, Cicely took great care of me and I no longer have an issue with IOBit or ASC Ultimate. I'm happy now!

Someone might want to post a disclaimer in "Support" to make it clear that subscription issues won't get solved in the forum. I thought the forum was "Support". It's not. It's just for discussions. Thanks.

Archived