IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Delete file failed code 5 error

lexus4usPA

Hi All,

I was running AVG 2.55 and decided to check for updates. Well, it notified me and began the process of DL'ing version 2.9.

During the install I got this error dialog box.

C:\programfiles\Iobit\advancedwindowscareV2Pro\memcleaner.exe.

Error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:

delete file failed; Code 5

access is denied.

I was given the opportunity to continue (not recommended) retry ( same issue) or abort. I aborted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi lexus

You probably had memory cleaner running in your system tray, close it and try again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi All,

I was running AVG 2.55 and decided to check for updates. Well, it notified me and began the process of DL'ing version 2.9.

During the install I got this error dialog box.

C:\programfiles\Iobit\advancedwindowscareV2Pro\memcleaner.exe.

below it:

delete file failed - Code 5 access denied.

I was given the opportunity to continue (not recommended) retry ( same issue) or abort. I aborted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Hi brogonni

If it really is the same problem, the solution should be the same!

A bit more information wouldn't hurt! (I hope :-) )

Do NOT have memory cleaner running in the background while downloading and installing.

Cheers

solbjerg

I got the same problem and I tried everything but I keep getting the same problem, please help

Hi brogonni

If you do a completely clean install there is no older one to delete, you would have uninstalled it thrown out its folder and cleaned up before installing the newest version - please read Usage of IObit Products in the lounge section.

If you have MacAfee and have had that false positive - then that solution is also described there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I did and I have the same problem, You see the problem is the system is not deleting the older one so I can intall the new one.

• 1 year later...

My response

Oh i had the same problem,these files become stacked and are due to long paths,use the tool available at LINK DELETED ,it is a tool which deletes and also searches such undeleteable files and also assists in installation and sharing of long pathed files

Archived