IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC6.2 leaves chrome and fox cookies

SG9

Hi SG9,

Please follow the steps below to configure the settings for Privacy Sweep:

1. Click Settings under More Settings icon at the top right of the program interface

2. Click Privacy Sweep at the left panel

3. Tick all items you want to sweep out from your computer (eg. History under Firefox/Mozilla)

4. Click Apply

5. Click AutoClean

6. Tick "Use the same settings in Privacy Sweep" if you enabled AutoClean

7. Click Apply

Cheers

Yes, I have the cookie options checked for ie8 and chrome but it seems to still leave a bunch intact for both browsers. Img 2 is my ASC6.2 settings checked for cleaning the browsers.

Comparing ASC6.2 to Ccleaner, before cleaning img 3 and 4, and after cleaning img 5 and 6.

ASC6.2 leaves some stuff untouched after reporting its cleaned the files but when Ccleaner is run, it shows files still intact and I run Ccleaner to clean those files out.

Looking at Ccleaner img 4 verses img 6 it shows the chrome files are not cleaned and remain as before ASC6.2 cleaning.

Hi SG

Have you checked which items is in your ignore.ini file in the program?

If you at one time has placed a checkmark at keeping common and not dangerous cookies there may be quite a lot of items that you do not readily recognize.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I have the cookie options checked for ie8 and chrome but it seems to still leave a bunch intact for both browsers. Img 2 is my ASC6.2 settings checked for cleaning the browsers.

Comparing ASC6.2 to Ccleaner, before cleaning img 3 and 4, and after cleaning img 5 and 6.

ASC6.2 leaves some stuff untouched after reporting its cleaned the files but when Ccleaner is run, it shows files still intact and I run Ccleaner to clean those files out.

Looking at Ccleaner img 4 verses img 6 it shows the chrome files are not cleaned and remain as before ASC6.2 cleaning.

OK, I cleaned every url to save from the ignore cookies option. All other tabs in the ignore options were empty of any entries.

Still after I emptied the cookie ignore, the files remained as shown by Ccleaner analyze after ASV6.2 ran a cleaning on junk files as the image shows.

From what shows, the files are ignored in chrome with some files cleaned in IE8 but some are still in the remain state.

Looks like ASC is missing the chrome files for some reason and leaving IE8 files in the cookie jar.

Hi SG

Did you check both addresses - i.e. the program folder and C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6

for the ignore.ini items?

Cheers

solbjerg

OK, I cleaned every url to save from the ignore cookies option. All other tabs in the ignore options were empty of any entries.

Still after I emptied the cookie ignore, the files remained as shown by Ccleaner analyze after ASV6.2 ran a cleaning on junk files as the image shows.

From what shows, the files are ignored in chrome with some files cleaned in IE8 but some are still in the remain state.

Looks like ASC is missing the chrome files for some reason and leaving IE8 files in the cookie jar.

Hi SG9,

Please make sure all your browsers are closed and then run a Scan and Repair after the scan is finished. Please check whether the cookies are deleted.

If the problem still exists, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper_20121228.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file ASC6_Info_File.zip on your desktop. Please send it to support@iobit.com with link to this thread so that we can look into the issue further.

In the meantime, please also take a screenshot of the files that Advanced SystemCare fails to delete and send it to us along with ASC6_Info_File.zip file.

Thank you for your patience.

Archived