IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Loss of Trust

WBSteele

After having ASC 5 changing beyond any use I had for it, and it installing invasive items I didn't want while screwing up my registry ... I got rid of it. There are so many free lightweight programs to do what I need.

IOBit Malware Fighter updated itself to v2.0. It did it automatically and I was never given a dialogue to install a toolbar. If I was, I didn't notice it because it was well hidden in the update process. I was also unaware that a full new version had been placed without my review. The program now fails to update with a connection error.

IOBit has been on my computers for years. It is no longer. I no longer trust its creators, nor do I care to have any of their products on my computer.

Their market has got to be people that know and care about computer security, yet their products are now geared for individuals that know nothing about computer security and allow their intrusiveness to go unnoticed.

I am done. I am not even going to waste the time to fix the update error.

Sorry I wasted the money.

PS - Wait until you run the uninstaller for another treat.

After having ASC 5 changing beyond any use I had for it, and it installing invasive items I didn't want while screwing up my registry ... I got rid of it. There are so many free lightweight programs to do what I need.

IOBit Malware Fighter updated itself to v2.0. It did it automatically and I was never given a dialogue to install a toolbar. If I was, I didn't notice it because it was well hidden in the update process. I was also unaware that a full new version had been placed without my review. The program now fails to update with a connection error.

IOBit has been on my computers for years. It is no longer. I no longer trust its creators, nor do I care to have any of their products on my computer.

Their market has got to be people that know and care about computer security, yet their products are now geared for individuals that know nothing about computer security and allow their intrusiveness to go unnoticed.

What version of IMF was on your computer before the update?

Are you using ASC 6? If so maybe you accidently updated IMF through the ASC Action Center.

Hi WBSteele,

Sorry to hear the troubles and your disappointment to IObit.:cry:

For the toolbar, actually you can decline when you install IObit Malware Fighter.

If you installed the toolbar without notice, please uninstall it with IObit Uninstaller.

By the way, do you have IObit Malware Fighter before? Or do you get IMF v2 through the ASC Action Center?

For the "update error", could you please describe it more clearly with screenshots?

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

WBSteele, please believe that we will try our best to improve our products and service. And we really need your assistance and cooperation. :wink:

Thank you for supporting IObit!

Loss of Trust

WBSteele,

I did the same thing you did: Clicked without reading! I was furious about the toolbar, and didn't want v2 in BETA.

Solution: This forum. Enoskype responded quickly, as did Cicley, and walked me through every step (which I need as a Computer Dummy) to correct the problems that I created -- in haste. :-|

Perhaps we differ in what we want. I prefer STEALTH and depth of protection to avoid infectious problems. "Light weight" programs don't cut it, and I've had plenty over the last 24 years.

IObit/ASC has dedicated developers who run beta and literally beg for feedback. The nice thing for all of us is the number of experts who recommend changes in their feedback, and the developers LISTEN ... not that I know what they're talking about!

Both the Administrators and Moderators are THE best ... in terms of expertise, integrity, patience, professionalism without arrogance, and being tenacious in their follow-thru for Users.

Bottom line is the TRUST there will always be a solution, right here, no matter the glitch -- or who created it.

Hope you change your mind. You won't find all of the above in any other company. IObit has it all ... and the scores of Users I've sent here, agree.

Cheers,

Writer JC

Archived