IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positives? secureitxxx-xxx.exe

Malware Fighter reports a number of problems when I scan my hard drive which I know are false positives. However, when I use your program to produce a scan report and try to send it to you for analysis it won't upload. I get a dialog box saying that the file is invalid. These scan logs are in wordpad/txt formats so how come they are invalid? Is there any other way of reporting false postives to you? Thanks - Ian

EDIT: Please open a new thread in this section! (False Positive Reports by IObit Products)

How to report false positive

Malware Fighter reports a number of problems when I scan my hard drive which I know are false positives. However, when I use your program to produce a scan report and try to send it to you for analysis it won't upload. I get a dialog box saying that the file is invalid. These scan logs are in wordpad/txt formats so how come they are invalid? Is there any other way of reporting false postives to you? Thanks - Ian

Hi :smile:

Follow this procedure for IObit to further investigate it.

• Copy and paste the IObit Malware Fighter report in your next post

• Upload the software .exe to VirusTotal and supply the report link in your next post

• Also, ZIP the software .exe and upload it to Wikisend and supply the link in your next post

You can use THIS post as an example.

All the best, woz of oz

Faalse Positives? secureitxxx-xxx.exe

Hi ian pitman,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Please follow the steps by wozofoz to report false positive. With these information, we can look into it. If it is false postive, we will remove it asap.

Thanks wozofoz's timely and detailed guide. :wink:

Thanks for your cooperation in advance. :-D

Thanks. Is the following what you want? Ian

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.0.1.8

Define Version: 1252

Time Elapsed: 00:29:16

Objects Scanned: 76511

Threats Found: 3

Save Time: 7/17/2013 9:16:34 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Secure IT, FILE, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Documents\Software\Security\secureit420-160912.exe, 200709

Secure IT, FILE, C:\Users\ianpit\Documents\Software\Security\secureit413.exe, 200709

Secure IT, FILE, C:\Users\ianpit\Documents\Software\Security\secureit420-160912.exe, 200709

Sorry but I don't know what you mean. I went to the Virustotal website and used the scan. Scan found nothing wrong with the files which produced an Iobit false positive but Virustotal did not produce a report for me to send on to Iobit for analysis. Also you refer to software.exe files to be uploaded. What software.exe files? More information, please. Thanks - Ian

Hi :smile:

Follow this procedure for IObit to further investigate it.

• Copy and paste the IObit Malware Fighter report in your next post

• Upload the software .exe to VirusTotal and supply the report link in your next post

• Also, ZIP the software .exe and upload it to Wikisend and supply the link in your next post

You can use THIS post as an example.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived