IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ran my first Defrag+Optimize, now what?

Hello. I'm brand new to Smart Defrag and I just ran my first defrag+optimize. I have auto defrag enabled, so my question is what to do from here on out.

Do I ever need to run the full defrag+optimize function again? I'm assuming since I've done the defrag+optimize and have auto defrag enabled that I basically do nothing going forward? Advice appreciated, thanks.

Hi bamapete,

You may have noticed that there is a posibility of scheduled defrag too.

With your preference, (Defrag&Optimize if you wish) you can set it to run say; evey 2 weeks, and that's it, you don't have to do anything else if t is set to start with Windows.

Cheers.

Hi bamapete-just a heads up on Kaspersky-check your system restore points from time to time-have used version 7.0 in the past and it was a noted problem among testers as well as my own experience,that restore points were being deleted.The set-up on that app. can be overwhelming to say the least-so perhaps the restore issue is manageable now

Hi bamapete-just a heads up on Kaspersky-check your system restore points from time to time-have used version 7.0 in the past and it was a noted problem among testers as well as my own experience,that restore points were being deleted.The set-up on that app. can be overwhelming to say the least-so perhaps the restore issue is manageable now

Hi detailer, appreciate the reply. I'm not sure if KIS8 fixed the restore prob or not in latest version. But I will say enthusiastically that the new KIS 2009 version 8 is VERY MUCH improved on user setup, i.e. it now does most everything automatically for the novice user when the auto mode is set. It also has junked the Application Integrity Control which caused many of the annoying and confusing popups. New firewall engine too. I've used it on both systems for six weeks now and love it. FWIW.

Hello bamapete

Yes run it as you feel the need to :-), fragmentation goes on all the time, and your favorite - most used programs may also change over time.

Please read the whole of this string to gain an understanding of defragmentation:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=612

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks enoskype for reply. But per my original question, wish I could get some advice though on whether or not I need to run defrag+optimize again?

Thanks for the feedback bamapete (fan of bama I suppose :grin:)

I wrote defragmentation goes on all the time, - I meant of course fragmentation, sorry for the glitch.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, thanks a ton for specific advice per my original post! Thx also for the very helpful link.

kaspersky

Hi bamapete-thanks for the heads up on the demise of AIC just might reinstall from my disc since I've got a few months on my subscription-maybe get a free update as I did with Webroot-I liked the app. but just found it to be overbearing-when it came to local processes-no matter how I adjusted settings-I mean the thing would throw up a flag if you broke wind while surfing! :lol::lol::lol:

Hi detailer, - I'm with you there! I use neither auto-defrag nor scheduled defrag. At the moment I can handle it myself!

But detailer, as we grow older there might be very long "senior moment", so perhaps I/we will look at it differently then :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Vonstop-agreed-I don't use auto defrag-one more drain on resources-though it was nice of Iobit to include it for those who like that type of "auto-pilot" software,I would rather have seen the effort go into boot-time files and MFT

Archived