IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A Known Bug In Advanced SystemCare V7 Beta2

Cicely

Hi all,

We are sorry to tell you that there is a bug regarding Homepage Protection in Advanced SystemCare V7 Beta 2.

During the installation of Advanced SystemCare V7 Beta 2, if you enable Homepage Protection, your browser homepage will be changed to its default rather than keep the current settings.

To correct this settings, please follow steps below:

1. Do NOT Start or OPEN your Browser,

2. Open ASC 7,

3. Open the Toolbox or Quick Settings in ASC 7,

4. Open the "homepage protection",

5. Then click turn off protection,

6. Then set your wanted browser home page,

7. Then click again to turn on the homepage protection.

Now you can use the ASC 7 Beta 2 without Browser problems.

We will also release a replaced version very soon to solve this bug.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this bug. :oops:

Nothing to show.

Cicely,

The only thing missing are those 'busy' blue round things where I CANNOT select anything except the 'close' button in the upper right: Also,it doesn't matter if I have the Browser (I have several) on or not. I simply cannot 'turn on' the protection or add the other Browsers to it...BTW,you do NOT have Opera as a Browser choice! I use that mainly!

-Cowboy

Hi Cowboy,

What browsers have you installed on your computer? Which one is your default browser?

So if you click Homepage Protection, it shows up a window like the photo you attached, huh? Did you take any other actions?

Sorry but currently Homepage Protection does not support Opera. But I have forwarded your concern for serious consideration and let's hope Opera will be supported in future.:grin:

@Cicely!

Hi Cowboy,

What browsers have you installed on your computer? Which one is your default browser?

So if you click Homepage Protection, it shows up a window like the photo you attached, huh? Did you take any other actions?

Sorry but currently Homepage Protection does not support Opera. But I have forwarded your concern for serious consideration and let's hope Opera will be supported in future.:grin:

Hiya Sheila,

Since I test a LOT of software (mainly security related),I have most mainstream browsers from IE32bit and IE64bit,Firefox,Pale Moon (third party Firefox optimised builds both 32 and 64 bit,very nice!) Google Chrome latest build,and of course Opera Next 16 64bit build.Chrome is quite lovely too,but it loads 35-40 tabs at the same time (my 'normal' session).Opera does it somewhat too just not as bad. :???:

Currently I use Opera Next 16 64bit and both Pale Moon browsers mainly,with Opera preferred ATM. Lovely browser!

...and yes,as in the screenshot I get the same results unfortunately.It does not bother me a great deal because I have plenty of Hijack Protection (incl. Process Hacker 2,WinPatrol and quite a bit more (see my profile which needs updating!)! :mrgreen:

No other actions have been taken to this point,but I prolly will delve into Program files to see if I can spot anything.

Kind regards

-Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Last version that Homepage Protection works correctly on

V. 7.1.0.387

... if you care to track that down. I had the same issues and kept going backwards through the released version and 387 was the first one that worked properly.