IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Setup keeps interrupting and getting stuck

MickA

Greetings

I wonder what is wrong with the installation program (imf-setup.exe).

Problem: When I have dowloaded the setup program and try to run it ... it is stuck.

A program symbol ('Setup') stays visible in the Windows bar, but nothing happens. Eventually, I need to End task in the Windows Task Manager.

I am thankful for any piece of advice.

Greetings

I wonder what is wrong with the installation program (imf-setup.exe).

Problem: When I have dowloaded the setup program and try to run it ... it is stuck.

A program symbol ('Setup') stays visible in the Windows bar, but nothing happens. Eventually, I need to End task in the Windows Task Manager.

I am thankful for any piece of advice.

It could be blocked by an anti-malware program on your computer. I do have a couple of questions.

1. When the installation appears stopped does the Windows Task Mgr show any CPU usage for the installation process or does it drop to zero?

2. Have you ever previously had a another version of IMF installed on that computer? If so I would clean it up but removing all instances of it. This seems like a long shot to solve the problem but one never knows.

You could also check the Windows Event log and see if it has a message about this. That is all I can think of for now. Good luck

Did Registry cleaning + Checked firewall, no go

Thank you Buddahvan

1. When the installation hangs, the process stops to zero in the Windows Task manager.

2. According to your advice, I used Regedit and removed those (old) entries. (Yes, I had earlier installed the Malware Fighter and removed it.)

Additionally, I checked that my virus scanner & firewall allows the Iobit Malware Fighter to go through.

Still, no luck.

The installation freezes again (like previously).

Any other ways to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Hi MickA,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please send us the related screenshots about it.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

By the way, where did you download? Please download from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=imf-pro to see whether the issue continues.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a screen shot - Setup frozen

[ATTACH]13147[/ATTACH]

Like mentioned above, this 'freezing in the Windows panel' happens always when I try install it. I have even made a hole in the firewall for the imf-setup-pro.exe . Still, no luck.

Every extra hint welcome

Installing now succesful, however Iobit Malware Fighter still does not like Fsecure firewall

Thank you enoskype! Your tip helped to solve the INSTALLATION problem! Excellent!

So I finally managed to install the Iobit Malware Fighter (with F-Secure firewall turned-off & ethernet cable detached & running with Admin-rights).

BUT THE PROBLEM CONTINUES WITH UPDATES&PROGRAM LAUNCH: So, I turned on F-Secure (again)&Internet connection and tried to update (just installed) Iobit Malware Fighter's database. Iobit Malware Fighter gets stuck.

So, at that point I shut down the Iobit Malware Fighter, removed all Iobit M F entries in the F-Secure firewall and then (again) added both Iobit Malware Fighter & I M F Service to the F-secure Application Control --> Outbound client (connection)=Allow . STRANGE, now the Iobit Malware Fighter finally works! :shock:

Let's see, now it asks me to update the version and I will be buying & installing the Pro version. So far, so good.

Archived