IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

start up manager

jmpiii

Hello,

Thanks for you advice in advance.

Not sure how to make my computer start up quicker. I have run the Windowscare2 personal. Under start up manager the following items appeared:pctvoice, hotkeyscmds,etfmon.exe,adobe acrobat spe, applesyncnotifier,avg8_tray,quick time task, MSMSGS, ituneshelper, acrobat assistant 7.0. I use this computer for email and research stocks which includes using you tube. I also use I tunes for my I phone and use audible for books. Can some or all of these items be either turned off or removed without messing with the items I use this computer for. Thanks.

Hi jmpiii

The best course for you is to test it by removing the mark in those that aren't neccesary, if something then do not work right put the mark back on and choose it, after you have found which settings work for you you do not have to configure again unless you install a new program.

Only remove those, where you are 100% sure that you won't be needing it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

Thanks for you advice in advance.

Not sure how to make my computer start up quicker. I have run the Windowscare2 personal. Under start up manager the following items appeared:pctvoice, hotkeyscmds,etfmon.exe,adobe acrobat spe, applesyncnotifier,avg8_tray,quick time task, MSMSGS, ituneshelper, acrobat assistant 7.0. I use this computer for email and research stocks which includes using you tube. I also use I tunes for my I phone and use audible for books. Can some or all of these items be either turned off or removed without messing with the items I use this computer for. Thanks.

Hi jmpiii-right off the bat, I'd say etfmon,adobe, and applesync can go-this isn't gospel but you can have a look here and a neat little free-bee for boot-time(from MS believe it or not) can be found here-you could also use the old fashioned approach-go into system services,right click each item you find there,and select properties(this will also show dependencies)-if you still aren't sure,the way I found out(back in the day)was to google up each item and learn what it is/does and if you need it at start up.Here's a hint-the only apps. that run at start-up on my system are firewall and two security utilities-anything else I need, I can wait a couple seconds for later-hope this helps

Archived