IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 7.1 Pro Disc Scan not working

badsprout

As it says in the title. Last week my ASC Pro automatically upgraded to 7.1 and the disc scan no longer seems to work, it just stays at 1%. I originally assumed that as it was the first scan of the new version it was just taking longer; but after half an hour it was still at 1%. Nedless to say, the previous version worked fine. I've tried it several times since and always the same result. ASC can see the disc OK in Disc Explorer. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Help!!!!

As it says in the title. Last week my ASC Pro automatically upgraded to 7.1 and the disc scan no longer seems to work, it just stays at 1%. I originally assumed that as it was the first scan of the new version it was just taking longer; but after half an hour it was still at 1%. Nedless to say, the previous version worked fine. I've tried it several times since and always the same result. ASC can see the disc OK in Disc Explorer. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Help!!!!

As I understand it comes defragmentation. Try to use Smart Defrag to defragment your hard disk.

Sets a higher threshold for the Disk Defragmenter in settings.

Defragmenting below 5% is not required.

Hi badsprout,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the issue you mentioned, does it happen evertime when you run disk scan?

If it does please send us the related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV7.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to your reply. :-D

Hi badsprout

I do not exactly undersatand what your problem is. Please elaborate!

Cheers

sollbjerg

Hi Sollbjerg

The problem only appeared with version 7.1. All scans work fine until it reaches 'Disc Scan' where it just stops.

Here's a screenprint taken around 25minutes later, and as you can see it's still on 1%. If I skip it, the remaining scans all finish OK.

Disc scan on version 7.0 took no more than 10 minutes at most.

Hope this helps, Badsprout

Hi badsprout

I wondered what your settings are?

But even if the fragmentation rate is below the chosen level the program ought to just skip the defrag procedure.

Do you also have the SmartDefrag program?

If so please see what your settings are there.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Sorry - for some reason I responded to defragmention instead of Chkdsk, - sorry again chkdsk can sometimes take a long time, but I think the short chkdsk usually employed by ASC ought probably not to take that long.

Hi Sollbjerg

The problem only appeared with version 7.1. All scans work fine until it reaches 'Disc Scan' where it just stops.

Here's a screenprint taken around 25minutes later, and as you can see it's still on 1%. If I skip it, the remaining scans all finish OK.

Disc scan on version 7.0 took no more than 10 minutes at most.

Hope this helps, Badsprout

Hi badsprout

I wondered what your settings are?

But even if the fragmentation rate is below the chosen level the program ought to just skip the defrag procedure.

Do you also have the SmartDefrag program?

If so please see what your settings are there.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Sorry - for some reason I responded to defragmention instead of Chkdsk, - sorry again chkdsk can sometimes take a long time, but I think the short chkdsk usually employed by ASC ought probably not to take that long.

Hi Solbjerg

I do have SmartDefrag, but the settings are standard and I haven't changed anything. Here's a screenprint of my ASC settings. As you can see, 'Disc Scan' does not appear under 'General Settings'.

Thanks, Badsprout

Hi badsprout, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please run Disk Doctor in the Toolbox (See the attachment), so you can visually follow if the chkdsk scan, as solbjerg mentions, is stalling at 1%, or if there is a bug in the GUI of main ASC 7.1. Disk Scan in the main ASC is done as the scan by Disk Doctor anyway.

Please note that it may take some time to finish.

Cheers.

Happy New Year!

Hi badsprout, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please run Disk Doctor in the Toolbox (See the attachment), so you can visually follow if the chkdsk scan, as solbjerg mentions, is stalling at 1%, or if there is a bug in the GUI of main ASC 7.1. Disk Scan in the main ASC is done as the scan by Disk Doctor anyway.

Please note that it may take some time to finish.

Cheers.

Happy New Year!

Hi Enoskype

Screenprint of Disc Doctor after 45 minutes, no movement at all.

Cheers, Badsprout

OK badsprout, we need Cicely's intervention here, so please attach IObit_Debug_Info.zip file that she has requested in post #3 to your next post. (I assume it is smaller than 2.0 MB.)

If it is larger than 2.0 MB you can either divide it with WinRAR and attach them to your post, or upload it to Wikisend and give the download link in your post.

Cheers.

Hi badsprout

I wondered about how many drives you have set it to check?

The settings are usually found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7 in the main.ini file

A single screenshot doesn't show all the settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Enoskype

Screenprint of Disc Doctor after 45 minutes, no movement at all.

Cheers, Badsprout

OK badsprout, we need Cicely's intervention here, so please attach IObit_Debug_Info.zip file that she has requested in post #3 to your next post. (I assume it is smaller than 2.0 MB.)

If it is larger than 2.0 MB you can either divide it with WinRAR and attach them to your post, or upload it to Wikisend and give the download link in your post.

Cheers.

Debug zipfile attached.

Hi badsprout

I wondered about how many drives you have set it to check?

The settings are usually found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7 in the main.ini file

A single screenshot doesn't show all the settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Sojberg. I've got 2 drives, System (S) and Vista ©. ASC is normally set to scan C. I get the same results on both drives with Disc Scan and Disc Doctor, ie no movement.

Cheers, Badsprout

Hi badsprout,

Sorry for my late reply.

To look into the issue, please give us the following details:

1)Please check whether there is DiskScan.exe in Process when you run Disk scan.

2)Please check whether there is DiskScan.exe in the installation folder of ASC. If there is not, please re-install ASC v7 from

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare to see whether the issue can be solved.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi badsprout,

Sorry for my late reply.

To look into the issue, please give us the following details:

1)Please check whether there is DiskScan.exe in Process when you run Disk scan.

2)Please check whether there is DiskScan.exe in the installation folder of ASC. If there is not, please re-install ASC v7 from

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-systemcare to see whether the issue can be solved.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Cicely. DiscScan.exe was running. I couldn't open the installation folder so re-installed it from your link. Rebooted the PC just to make sure and ran it. Worked fine this time, so whatever the problem was it's fixed now. I'd like to thank you and all who have helped me with this. All the best for 2014, Badsprout.

Archived