IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCU7 missing Conduit/SearchProtection/Wedownload

Folks,

I have gotten an infection of Conduit/SearchProtection/Wedownload even though I have been running ASCU7 for some time now, and it updates the Virus Signature Database every day.

I know how to get rid of them, manually, by editing the Windows 7 Registry, but that's getting kind of tedious to do.

So, I've got to ask: WHY is the ASCU7 Virus Protection routine missing that particular virus?

Ken,

Houston, Tx

Hi Ken,

Conduit is not a virus but a pup (potentially unwanted program), usually gets loaded when you miss those damnable little check boxes during install of a program. Here is good link to help in removal process without manually editing your registry. Hope it helps.

Ex-Houstonian now residing North Idaho. We have real snow here. (LOL)

A.T.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-apps-search-and-toolbar/

Thanks

Thanks for the link!

Just as an FYI, as far as I can tell, I got it from a program I downloaded from sourceforge. There was no option NOT to load it, or any other 'add on' program, as I'm familiar with them, and watch for them every time I install anything.

And, yeah, it definitely IS an "unwanted" POS!!!:evil:

Ken,

Houston, Tx

Archived