IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag v3 Installer

simon1967

Hi all, first time poster.

Running Vista Home premium, and Zone Alarm security Suite.

I've downloaded the Smart Defrag exe installer from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_smartdefrag.html

I right click on it and select 'Run As Administrator' and the 'Set Up' shows in the System tray.

Nothing happens after that, and it stays that way, sometimes for up to 15 minutes. I have to use Task Manager to shut down the 'Set Up' in the task bar.

I've installed it with no issues to a Windows 7 laptop. It's a really good programme.

Could anyone offer any suggestions how I can get install to progress?

Thanks

Simon1967

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

• What happens when you click, double click or right click the setup icon in the System Tray ?

• I don't know how Zone Alarm works but I suggest you check it to see if it has stopped some process or put something in 'quarantine'.

• It is also possible the download was corrupted, delete the setup file you downloaded before and clear the download history in your browser then go back to MajorGeeks and download from a different location (MajorGeeks usually has 3 locations)

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Woz

I've completely disabled Zone Alarm.

When I double click or right click the setup icon in the System Tray nothing happens.

I use Chrome as my browser, so I cleared my download history.

Then I tried to download from all 3 Major Geeks locations. Same thing for all downloads. Nothing happens after I select Run As Administrator, and it stays that way, sometimes for up to 15 minutes. I have to use Task Manager to shut down the 'Set Up' in the task bar.

Very frustrating.

S:)

Hi again :smile:

This is very strange, since you had no problems installing it on Win7 it might be something to do with Vista.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas but hopefully someone with Vista experience will have some ideas

All the best, woz of oz

Hi simon1967,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

For the situation you mentioned, please download Smart Defrag 3 directly from http://download.iobit.com/sd3/smart-defrag-3-free.exe

Then double click the setup to install Smart Defrag to see whether you can install is successfully.

If you still meet issues, please send us the related screenshots.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi simon1967,

Thanks for your continual reply.

Please try to install Smart Defrag 3.1 as enoskype mentioned.

By the way, please turn off your Security product and try again see whether you can install it successfully.

Looking forward to your good news. :-D

Hi Cicely and enoskype

I use Zone Alarm Security Suite and turned it completely off.

Then I cleared Chrome's dowload history, then cleared the cache.

I then downloaded v3.1 from the link SmartDefrag 3.1 (3.1.0.319) is released! that enoskype provided.

I right click on it and Run As Administrator.

Unfortunately, again Setup just sits in the system tray. Nothing ever happens after that.

Very frustrating.

I do appreciate your help though.

Archived