IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is PCtransfer?

enoskype

PCtransfer, the best free and portable transfer assistant for Windows XP, 7, 8, can securely and easily transfer important documents, files, browser bookmarks and settings, photos, Skype chat records, emails and contacts in Outlook to the new Windows system. What's more, PCtransfer can quickly select and back up the third-party programs and settings. You can easily restore programs and data with one click and use them in the new system just as before.

Key Features:

* Easy-to-use UI

* Securely transfers files, settings, browser bookmarks and programs to the new Windows system, even a new PC

* Quick backup and easy recovery

* Perfectly supports IE 6,7 and above, Chrome, Firefox, Opera

* Fully supports Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1

Perhaps I should have included the images below at the beginning.

I was made aware of the existence of this program today. So, I don't know much about the history of it.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13625&d=1396024386

I was aware of couple of programs with similar functions (including one suggested by MS and one produced by MS), but IObit's this one came as a complete surprise

Cheers.

Kudos for this App and the user interface.

How about system configuration too like registry, control panel options and everything. Basically, transfer everything just not the OS license. Can this also be done? icon_smile.gif

More like a system restore but restored to a new computer with same exact specification.

Hi austingrd,

Thanks for contacting IObit.

At present, PCtranster cannot backs up all of the data for a whole system. It backs up Desktop Files, Browser Favorites and Settings, documents in My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, My Downloads, Emails and some third-party programs.

We'll try our best to improve our product in the future. Please continue to pay attention to PCtranster.

Welcome to put forward your proposals about PCtranster.

• 1 month later...

A few questions.

What method does this software use for backing up? Does it store all the data in a single enormous file or does it keep the files as they are i.e many of them?

A final question:

How does it keep a back up of third party apps and software?

Programs with a setup need to be configured in the registry. Therefore if you just back up the program, it'll always give an error message that registry data wasn't found.

TIA

>>@dev3<<

Hi dev3

As I understand the application it is intended to be used if you change the operating system fx. XP into Window 7 or 8.

The object is to keep the settings in the programs and behavior in the previous OS and get them transferred into the new OS, right?

Not a full image back up of the disc, right? There are several of those applications already I think, but perhaps IObit wants to diversify even more?

I tried it and saved selected settings and programs on a usb-stick in case I wanted to update my operating system soon. I still use XP currently.

Cheers

solbjerg

A few questions.

What method does this software use for backing up? Does it store all the data in a single enormous file or does it keep the files as they are i.e many of them?

A final question:

How does it keep a back up of third party apps and software?

Programs with a setup need to be configured in the registry. Therefore if you just back up the program, it'll always give an error message that registry data wasn't found.

TIA

>>@dev3<<

• 3 weeks later...