IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't install free version, only pro with expired licence

FranciscoAGS

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I know this has been posted before, but my problem is slightly different and none of the solutions I've tried have fixed it.

I used to have a licence for Advanced Windows Care PRO version, but it's a long while since I reverted to the free version. I want to make this clear: I've been using the free version for quite a while now.

This is what I did: yesterday I uninstalled my free version of AWC to install the new Advanced System Care. I used REVO uninstaller and CCleaner to make a clean uninstall. To be on the safe side, I rebooted my computer. I then proceeded to download and install ASC 3.

It's the FREE version I want, but it's the PRO version I keep getting with an expired licence.:evil: Can anyone help me? I repeat: I've used REVO and Ccleaner to delete leftovers of the old installation but still no go.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Francisco

As far as I remember I think that one has to choose the preferred version during installation and then mark it as the free version.

Isn't that right?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I know this has been posted before, but my problem is slightly different and none of the solutions I've tried have fixed it.

I used to have a licence for Advanced Windows Care PRO version, but it's a long while since I reverted to the free version. I want to make this clear: I've been using the free version for quite a while now.

This is what I did: yesterday I uninstalled my free version of AWC to install the new Advanced System Care. I used REVO uninstaller and CCleaner to make a clean uninstall. To be on the safe side, I rebooted my computer. I then proceeded to download and install ASC 3.

It's the FREE version I want, but it's the PRO version I keep getting with an expired licence.:evil: Can anyone help me? I repeat: I've used REVO and Ccleaner to delete leftovers of the old installation but still no go.

Thanks in advance.

enoskype:

I've already uninstalled the program because I was getting frustrated, but upon installing I got a message telling me something about my licence having been successfully converted. My e-mail address appears in it and the following licence number, which I wrote down: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Hope this helps.

Soldjberg:

I don't remember having to choose, and I've certainly installed and uninstalled ASC several times now. The PRO version appears straightaway without giving me any options.

Thank you both.

remains of your old pro version seem to remain, have you tried regedit in "RUN" and checked the reg hives for leftover iobit which need deleting.

also look for and delete iobit folder in widows explorer.

i see you have used revo it is first class and should have done this, but worth a look as ideas are running out.

release the hounds!!

Sunny-Agreed-Revo will not get everything,even in advanced mode-have performed cleanup before after Revo-and Frans,if you're not comfortable routing around your registry, try a run with Ccleaner first-ASC is a great app. but it's not perfect-let us know

Hi, guys. Thanks for your answers.

Sunny: I had already deleted the iobit folder in windows explorer

Detailer: I had already run CCleaner.

Anyway, I followed Sunny's suggestion and ran regedit and typed "iobit" in the search field. Since I'm not comfortable with tampering with the registry, I attach a screenshot with the entries found. Could you please have a look at it and tell me if it's safe to delete them?

Thank you.

from what i understand games can be installed without your keycode if you do a system restore because it restores your registry and then you can find your key in the registry. try that! try and find your key somewhere in the iobit section of regedit.

i think its in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>IObit.

from what i understand games can be installed without your keycode if you do a system restore because it restores your registry and then you can find your key in the registry. try that! try and find your key somewhere in the iobit section of regedit.

i think its in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>IObit.

No Iobit key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software

Sorry about the screenshot. I took another one which I think is clearer. This is what I get when I type "Iobit" in the search field in the registry. The location is HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Internet Explorer>Search Scopes>Yahoo!

Can you tell me if it's safe to delete them? Thanks.

OK FranciscoAGS,

Two alternatives:

1)

-Install ASC 3 and delete only "License.dat" file in ASC 3 folder and "msvrc20.dll" file in "WINDOWS" folder (Copy it somewhere else before, in case you need it).

-Install ASC 3 again. (let it uninstall)

-Run "AWC.exe"

-See if it is OK.

2)

-Download "ascfree_portable.zip" file,

-Extract it to a new folder.(say C:\Temp\Advanced SystemCare)

-Change the "Main.ini" file accordig to your wishes. (use origial "Main.ini" file in original ASC 3 folder as reference)

-Run "ASC_Portable.exe", even your original ASC 3 exists in your PC, "ASC_Portable.exe" will run the program as FREE.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Expired Licence ASC PRO

Greetings IOBIT

Wow........

Today I received a message that my ASC Pro had expired. I did not know that it had an expiration. I thought that it was a permanent license but I guess I was wrong....

Wouldnt be the first time that ever happend. ;-)

Anyway I cannot renew the license at this time. So I have to revert to the free version. I found that if you go in to the file location and run the uninstall then after that, delete the license.dat file and then reinstall and it will revert to the free version.

Anyway thank you IObit for the great products. I hope to go back to pro once again when I am able to.

Greg

Archived